Is anybody having problems with <Removed> delivering on their sales pitch?

Is anybody else having problems with  <Removed> delivering the advertised item.  5 months ago I paid for an New and Unused 4.4kVa Generator and when it arrived there were no accessories.  After a number of emails I have received a small bag containing second hand tools and keys but still have not received the Remote Control device or oil can.  I am not even sure if the generator is a New or Used item or if it works or not. I have asked for the missing items or complete item replacement or refund but <Removed>  will not phone me.  Ebay said that they wont help me because it is over 45 days.  

If you have a problem with  <Removed>  they will delay, delay, delay and hope that you give up.  

What would you do in such a situation?  

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

cq_tech
Community Member

I'd be taking my complaint to the Dept of Fair Trading. BTW, although justified, you're not allowed to 'name & shame' on these boards so a moderator will be along shortly to remove the dodgy seller's name, which is a pretty good indication of just how little eBay really care.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Sorry didn't know I couldn't leave the <Removed> bit as dodgy seller, I apologize and naturally won't do it again.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

It's certainly no skin off my nose and I for one like to know exactly who these bad sellers are so I can avoid them like the bloody plague, but eBay would clearly rather protect these mongrels because the bottom line is that all they care about are the fees they generate, and to hell with the poor buyers who've been ripped off.

As far as your generator is concerned, if you have no luck with Fair Trading, you'd probably be better off making sure that it works OK and if so, sell it off to somebody else, because if it ever breaks down, the likelihood of being able to get spare parts for it would appear to be very slim. Good luck with it, whatever you decide to do.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

In my opinion, I only ever buy machinary type items from a seller who only sells that type of product. If they sell other unrelated items such as jewellery or kids toys, clothing etc, I avoid them like the plague because chances are the know bugger all about a generator for example, and they are only selling them because they think they can make a quick buck from a rubbish unknown brand out of a Chinese factory. They will promise you spares are available, and that is only from the one that they pull apart to cover the first few sold, after that, you are on your own. Take the advice and offload it while it is new, if you can get it going.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

hi i brought agenerator took 7week to arrive ive i ve run it for 4 hours and now it has ceased

has any body got an addess for <Removed> would be much apprecated thanks brett

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply