Is this a fraudulent seller

epackageexpress
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I have been using ebay for a long time and have got some amazing deals.  I have come across the below listing and I am concerned it maybe fraudulent and was wondering if you could help. 

THis seller is new to ebay as of the 17/09/2012 (no feedback) and only has one item for sale but has 8 of those items and has sold 6 and has 2 left.  He is located in WA, Australia and is offering free shipping and the price for the item is about half that of other listings......  Actually just typing this has made me think, what am I thinking, of course it is FRAUD....  :))

Anyway...what do you think

ZODIAC BARACUDA MX8 POOL CLEANER

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110953134701?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

THis seller is new to ebay ... is offering free shipping and the price for the item is about half that of other listings......

They're pretty classic warning signs - you may wish to post this in the hijack hunters thread as well (it might help get it reported and removed faster if others agree it's a scam listing).

http://community.ebay.com.au/topic/Buying/Temporary-Home-Hijack/600115572?start=50#msg503703328

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

All that I can tell you is the seller lives in country WA so presumably that makes it harder for them to obtain stock.

TCT
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Thanks,:-x

I have reported it as it does have the classic signs.

Newly created ID with high priced items on a multi listing with 8 sold,:O

Note: If you're new to eBay, please be aware that limits are placed on new accounts to help monitor selling practices. eBay Store subscribers with limits on their account may not have access to the full benefits of their Store

But they can list as above,X-(

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

epackageexpress
Community Member

Thanks all for your fast replies.  Yes I see he has sold all of them now.  It will be interesting to see the outcome.  If he is not a fraud I have missed out on a bargain.....  Better to be safe then sorry and I guess this is how they get ya...  🙂

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

The listing has been removed,:-D

Well done T & S.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Better to be safe then sorry and I guess this is how they get ya...

There are those eight members that don't know how scammers work,:_|

Just be glad you recognized it for what it was,a scam listing,X-(

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply