Is this item the same one that can be purchased from Bunnings for around $5? 263835884984

I asked this seller to let me know if this item was the same one as available from Bunnings for under $5 but haven't received a reply.

I suspect it is.

Item: 263835884984

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Is this item the same one that can be purchased from Bunnings for around $5? 263835884984

Obviously it is.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It certainly looks very similar to the Bunnings ones.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Looks like it is, but so what? There are a number of reasons why a person would still buy it for the price listed - maybe they did not do their homework to find out that they are so much cheaper at Bunnings, or maybe someone who needs them either can't leave their house and travel or, like me, live in a tiny town an hours drive or more from a store where they might be able to purchase this item. In these cases it is worth the extra money to buy them on Ebay. 

If I needed them it would cost me more to drive to a hardware store to purchase so it might be worth it for me to get them here. If I was disabled it would also cost as much to get a taxi or in some other way get them delivered to me, even if I live closer.

Yes, it does seem to be a bit of a rip off, but it is allowed and some people would not mind the cost. If they do mind then they will buy elsewhere.

Latest reply

@marko2758 wrote:

I asked this seller to let me know if this item was the same one as available from Bunnings for under $5 but haven't received a reply.

I suspect it is.

Item: 263835884984

as rude as it may sound, the seller is under no obligation to answer your question.

I did a reverse image search on the gallery pic on the listing and the top results were for Bunnings items.

If you are wanting to buy some of them then buy through Bunnings online.  If you don’t want to buy any then your activity may be seen as that of a busy body.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

There are heaps of listings on eBay for items that are bought from Bunnings and elsewhere that are listed at inflated prices. People try this one even at the local market. It is wise to do your homework before buying anything, or just buy at the asking price if it is more convenient for you than physically chasing down the item. I have seen items at ridiculously inflated prices and it never ceases to amaze me that sooner or later someone will buy it. So I guess some will try to sell a cheap item for hundreds of dollars over the value, just to see what happens, and sometimes they get lucky. I have bought many things that were a little overpriced, because I figured it was not worth my time, and petrol to save a couple of dollars, but I certainly wouldn't buy something that was hundreds of dollars above the value, but some do.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

dont know why your suprised ebay is full of things that cost more then in the store mostly everything on ebay can be bought in person for cheaper i couldnt see the price but amazon is the same tripple prices for the same things.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply