Issue returning an item!

Hi,
I purchased a luggage and upon receiving it I noticed that I orderd the wrong size. I contacted the seller for return and the seller asked me to complete the return process via their website!

When I tried to return on ebay it was disabled as if the item is in real estate or motor vehicle or classified ad category! Is the legal for sellers to disable the return option on eBay!

I printed the return label on sellers website which had tracking and returned the luggage which was delivered to seller 4 days ago!

I emailed the seller about the refund but haven't heard back! I aslo purchased the correct luggage size from the same seller and received it!

Should I contact eBay support or get Paypal involved?

Regards,
Sam
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Issue returning an item!

@ictplaza,

You should have no problem in receiving your refund. I  am a very satisfied repeat customer of POK, and have always found them to be reliable and helpful.

If you have any issues or concerns, don't hesitate to phone them.

Since you did make an error in your original order, a modest restocking fee seems fair enough. I would probably have gone for the store credit option, as they often have the best price on items that I want.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Issue returning an item!

@ictplaza wrote:
Hi,
I purchased a luggage and upon receiving it I noticed that I orderd the wrong size. I contacted the seller for return and the seller asked me to complete the return process via their website!

When I tried to return on ebay it was disabled as if the item is in real estate or motor vehicle or classified ad category! Is the legal for sellers to disable the return option on eBay!

I printed the return label on sellers website which had tracking and returned the luggage which was delivered to seller 4 days ago!

I emailed the seller about the refund but haven't heard back! I aslo purchased the correct luggage size from the same seller and received it!

Should I contact eBay support or get Paypal involved?

Regards,
Sam

Why doesn't the emboldened sentence have an exclamation mark?!?

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Issue returning an item!

I didn't ask for grammar issue! That's why!
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Issue returning an item!

If you have online tracked delivery proof then open a case in PayPal for the refund of first item.

image host
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Issue returning an item!

Yes I have the tracking details of the returned item.
How can the seller have 30 day refund policy but doesn't accept the ebay refund feature! Isn't this out of ordinary!
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Issue returning an item!

The return policy in eBay is usually for seller error or faulty item not for Change of mind, or buyer error.

A seller is not required to accept a return for the latter.

The seller may have used their website to avaoid a defect in eBay which can restrict their selling ability.

First check that you haven't received a refund before opening a case.

If funded with a credit card through PayPal, it will go back to the funding source and can take 3-7 days depending on your bank.

image host
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Issue returning an item!

Thanks, it makes sense. That's why I contacted the seller. The seller is a genuine ebay seller with good rating. That's why I contacted them for refund and after thier confirmation and instructions I proceeded with returning the item. So far the seller didn't have any loss! I paied for both deliveries of the item and have $170 pending to be refunded!
Also on Paypal there isn't any options to open a case for return items. I just checked that.
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Issue returning an item!

Kopes, when a seller has selected to accept returns, they are for change of mind returns. If a seller doesn't accept returns, they don't accept change of mind returns, but are forced to accept returns for SNAD under eBay policy.

If the OPs seller had 30 day returns selected, then they accept change of mind.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Issue returning an item!

Does this seller have the initials POK? If not, disregard the following... 

I suspect they have been granted special "powers" by eBay, as they are a big box retailer and such sellers usually list here after negotiating individual contracts.

POK's return policy is that for COM returns, they provide a refund, exchange or store credit at their own discretion -  eBay's normal return process can only facilitate refunds, and pleb sellers like (for example) me or you (if you list items) don't get to decide our own policies like that, aside from whether or not we actually will accept change of mind returns. 

Sellers like that can be slow to process returns and refunds etc, because it usually has to go through to the right department and then get approval etc (that is, being delivered to the return address doesn't necessarily mean the item has been opened, inspected, and escalated for action). Hopefully they will get it processed soon enough, anyway. 

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Issue returning an item!

Hi, thanks for your the info.
Yes the seller has POK and offered me refund, exchange or store credit. I asked for refund and their restocking fee was %6 . They offered $164 refund (of $170).
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply