Issue with refund of shipping via Global Shipping Program

I won a top from a UK seller and paid the total cost of 16.50 pounds for the top and 15.39 pounds for the shipping (via global shipping).

As it turns out, the seller had linked her paypal to an old email address and did not receive my payment. Eventually we got around to cancelling my payment to her, and cancelling the Ebay transation.

Problem is I only got back the sum of 19.50 pounds, which is presumably what she got from my original payment (16.50 plus 3 pounds for shipping), and the balance from the total payment of 31.89 pounds (which is what went to the global shipping) was not refunded to me.

How do I also get back what was paid to Pitney Bowes? The seller has now cancelled the transaction in Ebay, but I am short over 10 pounds.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I'm guessing that would be up to the seller to contact PB or ring ebay regarding the cancellation refund.
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

The only way I know to get your money back from the GSP is to go through a dispute.

I think you are up for a lot of jumping through hoops to get your refund.....start with ringing paypal.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

The only way I know to get your money back from the GSP is to go through a dispute.

I think you are up for a lot of jumping through hoops to get your refund.....start with ringing paypal.

That;s pretty sad (not to mention very wrong) if that's the case. The buyer and the seller organised the refund and cancellation amicably and now the seller probably has to get a defect just so the buyer can get their refund, through no fault of the seller. That's wrong on so many levels. I hope the OP can find another way so the seller doesn't have to get a defect for trying to do the right thing.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I know this from bitter experience wendshee......I asked a US seller for the tracking number of a GSP item about 10days after I paid.  He was horrified to find that the item had not been shipped (or could find no reference to it) so refunded immediately.  I only got the amount that he had received, not the PB component of the shipping.

Eventually afantiques came to the boards and said that I should have opened a dispute as it is the only way to get the PB component.

This actually happened some time ago....before the defect system started.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

You are right. The seller had to contact PB and advise the tranx had been cancelled. Soon after I received a refund and have since paid for the item from a new invoice that the seller sent to me. It WAS the seller's responsibility to sort out, as the issue arose from their error. Though the seller was great and did fantastic. Kudos to them!

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

That's good, I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I didn’t order a T-shirt I want my money back please my Sharon johnson it was on eBay $44
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@jos2127-d1xq9m4zm4 wrote:
I didn’t order a T-shirt I want my money back please my Sharon johnson it was on eBay $44

You need to contact your seller if there is an issue. You aren't contacting them here. Plus, it's not good to drag up 4 year old threads. If you have an issue, best starting a new one. In this instance, you need to contact your seller.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I didn’t order a T-shirt I want the money back in my account $44 dollars thanks Sharon johnson
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply