Item delivered but missing parts

Dear Sir/Madam,

I bought this item through "ebay" and received it on time on Jan 06.

Upon opening the case to check its content, there was only one battery within the package where there should have been 2 as the item's detail in the advertisement on your site.

Since then, I contacted the seller to notify him about the missing battery with many emails sent through but no serious action has been taken.

Please review my inbox for the emails with the seller for more information.

Regards

Eddy

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Eddy, these forum boards are manned by members like yourself.  You are not addressing the seller or eBay.

I'm just about to head out, but I am sure another member will be along to advise you.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

We are just members like yourself here so we can't see your emails.

The seller is registered in China with very average feedback, always check feedback before buying. I would hesitate from buying from a seller with less than 99.5% feedback.

What you need to do is open a case with eBay's Money Back Guarantee for Item Not As Described if it's less than 30 days since the last ETA of the item. Otherwise you'll need to use Paypal's protection, but come back here if you need to do that.

DO NOT accept a replacement or a promise of sending a new battery, and DO NOT close the case until you are completely satisfied with the outcome.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If the seller does not reply, you should open a case for item not as described.

As the parcel arrived, you cannot open a case for item not received, even if you didn't receive a part of it.

The correct procedure usually is to open a case for item not as described when something is missing.

I hope you still have time (you have 30 days since the last day of the estimated delivery).

If you have run out of time, I hope you used PayPal to pay, so you can open a case there (you have 180 days since the day of purchase).

Edit: The seller is registered in China and has a lot of bad feedback...

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Seller is unlikely to reply or take any action and probably just hopes that if they wait long enough, you will run out of time to open a case. Since it is more than 30 days since you received it, you may already be too late, but you can try.

Good advice has been given - just to add that under no circumstances must you pay to send the item back to China. If the seller wants the item back, they will have to forward you the postage funds (highly unlikely).

First try opening a case on Ebay and let us know if you are unable to do so.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply