Item location False

Ok, i admit, I should of known better especially in this current covid-19 situation, but I purchased an art & craft item a few weeks back now for my daughter to complete while we were self isolating.  The item was "supposedly" in Australia, something I was specifically wanting at the time for obvious reasons. I did notice the estimated delivery date was more lengthy than normal, but thought that due to Australia Post at the time of purchase already experiencing delays here, that the sellers was just covering their own interests by giving a generous delivery date. The item wasn't cheap (compared to if I was to purchase a simialr item that acutally stated it was coming from China) & the postage amount was inline with Austrlai Post rates, so again, I thought I was safe in assuming it WAS actually coming from the stated QLD location. Now the estimated delivery time has passed and when I enquired with the seller, they inform me it will be delayed as coming from China and there is a delay with International postage.....and to be patient.

So apart from leaving appropriate feedback if/when my item arrives (which will no doubt be removed as they won't want negative comments) is there anything else I can do? I am best to contact Ebay as well to inform them, or is it a case of so many sellers do the same thing they don't or can't care?  Do I open an "item not received case" now or wait a bit longer?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Item location False

Since the seller has seemingly misrepresented the item location I would open an INR case immediately and seek a refund, then when/if the item turns up, you can contact the seller to make payment again.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Item location False

when is the expected delivery date?
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Item location False

@lady_and_the_tramp wrote:

So apart from leaving appropriate feedback if/when my item arrives (which will no doubt be removed as they won't want negative comments) is there anything else I can do?

Yes, always always check feedback to see where the seller is registered

I am best to contact Ebay as well to inform them, or is it a case of so many sellers do the same thing they don't or can't care? 

If it's a Chinese registered seller, eBay will do nothing about it.

Do I open an "item not received case" now or wait a bit longer?

You have up to 30 days after the final ETA, so I would tend to leave it up to 3 weeks.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Item location False

I purchased on the 5th April and the listing stated delivery by 30th April, so is already overdue for delivery by just a few days. This is why I contacted seller asking if they knew of the delay, only to be told to "be patient as coming from China" 😞

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Item location False

Since there are no humans coming in or leaving the country, would that not be applicable to mail or parcels from overseas too, maybe especially from China. I too have long overdue items but from Canada. Sellers said sent, over 30 days ago. Should I just sit on it or ask for refund? I truly would like to know the answer myself.
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Item location False

Frustraing isn't it. I purpsoly didn't choose the cheaper item in my case thinking I was doing the smart thing and would be right, now I feel like a real idiot, paid way more than I could of paid if I had choosen the cheaper listing I knew was already in china and would come from there. I feel my seller has falsely advertised. I also think that if our boarders are closed like is said and no mial is getting in, then all o'seas sellers should also then been void from selling to us here and remain selleing to their own country and vise versa.
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Item location False

any idea how I would check if they are Chinese registered or Australian registered ? This is what they have said in their message to me when I asked question.....

we're a QLD based company, your item shipped from our facility in China due to delivery problem , so to make it fast deliver, we take initiative to ship directly from our warehouse in China.
Kindly wait it patiently
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Item location False

On their feedback page, which you doubtless checked prior to purchase, it shows where the seller is registered.

If they are in Queensland, they weren't born there. Their English certainly has a hint of Asia about it.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Item location False

Member since: 27-Aug-07 in Australia - yes, I agree. I can certainly detect an accent in their language 🙂
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Item location False

Since the seller has seemingly misrepresented the item location I would open an INR case immediately and seek a refund, then when/if the item turns up, you can contact the seller to make payment again.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply