Item location not true.

I purchased an item based on the item location as NSW Australia. Ive just recived an email letting me know that they have posted it from China. Can we state any location when selling to give a buyer confidence in the item being in the country they reside in ?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Item location not true.

Yeah they pretty much can. It's most annoying when you are wanting something in a hurry and then have to wait weeks because the item is china. Give them a big red dot in the feedback saying false location listed.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Item location not true.

Totally agree about the red dot...but first check the listing. A fair few dropshippers (those who order your product from elsewhere and never see it themselves) say something like " if out of stock in our Sydney warehouse, we will have it shipped directly to you from China to save you time".

Of course that really means it is from China, but it is a way to cover themselves. So if they say that kind of thing, but when you bought it, they had stock available, give them the red dot but change the wording a bit. i.e. Had NSW stock but shipped from China. That way they cannot dispute it in a followup comment. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Item location not true.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/item-location.html

It's also against policy to mislead about item location. So you can report it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Item location not true.

When all the new rules for ebay buyer protection have kicked in this will no longer be as big a problem as sellers will have to nominate a return address for not as described items which matches the item location in the listing.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply