Item marked as delivered but never arrived

Hi All ๐Ÿ™‚ I purchased a handbag and it's been marked as delvered on Monday but it did not arrive with my Monday parcels. It's still not here yet. I called AusPost and they told me to tell the sender to call them. The seller told me she spoke with them and that I can do it. I called back, and of course because I don't have her personal details she needs to do it. Yet again, she's told me I need to do it. Just called AusPost and they said they can't. 

What rights do I have here if the seller won't open an enquiry? What should I say to her? I feel like she's trying to push this issue away... 

She posted via Prepaid satchel with tracking. It was a $120 handbag and I can't really afford to lose that money. 

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Open a paypal dispute for item not received and escalate to a claim.

The seller will have to prove postage to your address.

If all she did was post in a regular satchel that has the tracking number and not signature required you should get your money back.

It is the sender of the parcel that has to in initiate the complaint with Aust Post.

I would also be leaving neg feedback as the seller is not doing the right thing in locating the item and opening a complaint via Aust Post

Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

Paypal decided in favour of the seller

"In response to your claim, the seller has provided proof of shipment
indicating that the item was shipped to you. Because the seller was able to
provide proof of shipment, we cannot reverse this transaction or issue a
refund. We encourage you to continue to work directly with the seller to
amicably resolve this matter."

All she provided was the tracking number. I am unbelievably disappointed. 

Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

What did the AP site show against the tracking number? Does it give the type of postage. If it is regular parcel post, that is only tracked to the delivery centre, I believe.

I would RING Paypal (after the tracking check) and ask to talk to a supervisor. Explain your side of the story and see if you can get the decision reversed.

The Financial Ombudsman Service might also be an option, but that would depend on the details of 'delivery'.

Edit: Okay AP don't diffentiate between parcel post and click and send (which is definitely tracked to the door). I'm out of ideas, sorry.

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

It was Parcel Post (a 3kg satchel apparently) "delivered" at the suburb 1 over from me. 

I'll give them a call in the morning. I'm too frusrated right now. I might sound shrill on the phone. 

Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

OK ... If you know where the item ended up, pay a visit & see if you can obtain the item.

If you can, leave it at that.

If not, you need to go to the PO & speak to the Post Master. Quietly & calmly explain what has happened & ask them to either retrieve the parcel or open a compensation claim based on wrong delivery from their distribution centre.

I know they will say that you need to get the seller to open the claim, but when pressed, they will do it to avoid someone from HO riding them over their screw up .....

Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

knine-1
Community Member

All she provided was the tracking number. I am unbelievably disappointed. 

.....................................................................................................................................

She would have supplied the lodgement receipt to Paypal in defence of the claim as a tracking number that doesn't show delivery to "your" suburb confirms delivery to the wrong address and doesn't comply with proof of postage requirements, that is the seller didn't win the claim on a tracking number alone.

Section S12.1L of Paypal's Australian User Agreement states that Buyer Protection for items not received is eligible when the seller doesn't provide proof of postage, that is when the buyer does hold proof of postage, a buyer doesn't meet the eligibility criteria for protection against items not received. 

Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

Whilst it is unfortunate that you didn't receive your item, I must say that I think the feedback you left them is VERY harsh, considering all avenues could not have possibly been taken as yet by you in resolving this issue. It seems to me that your issue seems to be with Australia Post, and not the seller, yet you have left them unfair negative feedback,and smashed their DSR's.

Why did you do that?

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

Perhaps it's because the seller refused to make any effort to look into the misdelivery of the item she sent, when only the seller can do so, and not the buyer.

I'd have left a neg too under those circumstances.
Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

knine-1
Community Member

Leaving negative feedback for sellers who have won Paypal claims doesn't comply with eBay's feedback policy which the seller can have removed. Seems that some need to learn the rules?

Message 10 of 42
Latest reply