Item not received from USA seller due to US Post holding back mail to overseas due to COVID

I contacted Seller that item delayed and sellers reply of Oct 1st stated US Post has held all mail to O/seas due to COVID and I should wait another 60 days from Oct. 1st BUT Ebay has now stopped this action due to Ebay policy of 21 days???  

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Item not received from USA seller due to US Post holding back mail to overseas due to COVID

I'm not sure what policy you are referring to with the 21 days. the MBG has 30 days from the final ETA for you to raise a claim.

Anyway have a look at the 2 links below, in the 2nd one they talk about all mail being sent back to the sender.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm

https://www.eseller365.com/usps-suspends-package-services-to-australia/

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@wanaaring2005 wrote:

BUT Ebay has now stopped this action due to Ebay policy of 21 days???  

Stopped what action, some clarity please

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I took action under eBay "item not received request" on Oct 1st and the seller replied stating the USA post holding O/seas mail and stated I should wait for 60 days, however eBay automatically cancelled my request stating "request closed due to no activity for 21 days"?????  

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I thought you had 30 days to ask eBay to step in, not 21.

If you used PayPal, you could still open a case in PP.
I am surprised that sellers still list USPS for Australia, but maybe many don't even know until there are delays and they ask USPS.

Last week I bought something from the USA using Pitney Bowes because I knew USPS is not posting to Australia and it has already cleared customs in Sydney. I am really surprised, although my concern is that the weight was drastically reduced after PB processed the parcel. I know they remove packaging, but... The speed really surprised me though.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@wanaaring2005 wrote:

I took action under eBay "item not received request" on Oct 1st and the seller replied stating the USA post holding O/seas mail and stated I should wait for 60 days, however eBay automatically cancelled my request stating "request closed due to no activity for 21 days"?????  

Thats most likely because when the seller responded to you to please wait 60 days,  you failed to respond to the dispute,  so with no response Ebay would have just assumed you were a happy camper and closed it.

You should have proceeded with the claim and responded to it saying not happy Jane or whatever the Ebay terminology is.  It is important to not just let a dispute go unresponded to as the bots will take care of it.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply