Item not received

ha20903
Community Member

I placed this order and it was due on the 9 December

I have tried several times to contact the seller about delivery as there is REMOVED on it and it should be 20

Order was due 9 December, cant even track it.

I either need to cancel this or find out when it can be delivered.

Please can you assist me here urgently. 

Regards
Deb

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Item not received

Posting your address on a public forum is not a good idea

The seller can only send to the address that you have provided, and it asks twice to check the address is correct before paying, if you cannot track it, how do you know it has gone to the wrong number house?

You cannot cancel, only the seller can and they are not obligated to do so

Given the address is a few doors down from you, have you been down there and explained to the people living there?

Why wait until 10 days after it was due if it is urgent ?

Sorry, but other members cannot do anything

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Item not received

Buyers cannot cancel orders, they can only put in a request with the seller, who is not obliged to do so.

So you entered the wrong address details at checkout? 

If the seller sent it right away to the address you gave them, of course they can't cancel or take it back. It's already in the system.

In saying that, the seller has poor feedback and they have two negatives for delivery issues.

Technically you could open a case for "Item Not Received".

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Item not received

It is your responsibility to provide a valid address of course, but the item has apparently never been scanned. This can also happen if an item is small and has been posted in a red mailbox, so it might already have been posted, after all, and with the current delays it might just be in a heap waiting to be scanned at a sorting centre.

You could possibly open a case for INR, as the item has not been scanned or delivered. You have 30 days since the last day of the estimated delivery. I don't know if the 9th was just the first day of the estimated delivery, but, as it is already the 19th, I would think it is already past the last day of the estimated delivery too, so you could open a case.

If, however, the seller did put the parcel in a red mailbox and it is suddenly scanned as delivered (sometimes parcels are not even scanned at a sorting centre, but just when they are delivered), you could try asking your neighbours at number 2.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Item not received

I agree with @papermoon - just ask the neighbours at No 2. Always good to be friendly with people who live on your street anyway.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Item not received

I can't see all of what you wrote as mods have deleted some but I gather you gave the wrong address to the seller.

First port of call is to make a friendly visit to the house at-is it number 2?-and ask them if a parcel has been delivered and give your name and address. Explain what happened.

If they say no, they have not seen a parcel, then go into ebay and open a claim for item not received. Whatever you do, don't go into the whole rigmarole you have here about wrong address etc as that will just confuse them.

Just make a claim for item not received. It is then up to the seller to show tracking that proves it was delivered. If he can't do that, you should win your claim. Make sure you check after a  day or two and finalise the claim, don't let it time out.

But that's all you say-item not received.

If it has been delivered and seller can show tracking to the address you gave, then bad luck but you have lost it-both the claim and the item, as you would not be able to prove the people at the adddress actually took it.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply