Item not working properly

rossm_57
Community Member

I need help as the seller is stalling me. I bought a printhead in April, 2021 and it arrived in May 2021.  I informed the seller that it was not working properly.  I want to return the item but the seller will not acknowledge that.  They keep saying that they will get back to me.  Now it it is too late to return the item and I have had not offer of replacement or refund.  I am now out of pocket and feel I cannot trust this seller or ebay.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

eBay gives you all the tools to cover yourself if a purchase goes pear-shaped. If you allow a seller to stall you past the time limit to open a dispute that's not eBay's fault. Your next step would be to go through Paypal, they give you 180 days from the purchase date to open a dispute, BUT you must sign up for their limited postage return offer before opening a dispute or you will have to pay all the return postage.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

How did you pay?

You have 6 months with PayPal to open a dispute

If you buy on eBay again, do not let the seller stall you if there is an issue

Open the appropriate  dispute before the time limit

You do not need to 'wait for the seller' if they are not being helpful

Buyers have all the tools to protect themselves, but only if they actually use them

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

stoph-88
Community Member

Let me guess, the item is of Chinese manufacture!  More fool you for buying it.  Ebay will not protect you, they feed on the theft you have been subjected to.  Ebay is a corporation.  Do a personality test based on the behaviour of any corporation and you will get the result of " Psychopath" 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@stoph-88 wrote:

Ebay will not protect you, 

Rubbish, as said before eBay gives buyers the tools to protect themselves (far more than sellers), if a buyer can't or wont use those tools then it is not eBay's fault.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

It is funny how you give totally false information whist claiming you hate China, sellers in China and eBay

Why would you post that eBay do not protect buyers?

Newbies reading here might take your word for it and not open the disputes / use the tools they are given to get their money back

You do not get to have it both ways

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@stoph-88 wrote:

Let me guess, the item is of Chinese manufacture!  More fool you for buying it.  Ebay will not protect you, they feed on the theft you have been subjected to.  Ebay is a corporation.  Do a personality test based on the behaviour of any corporation and you will get the result of " Psychopath" 

Now that's what I call ' helpful '. 🤣

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Helpful for growing gardens, Dom

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I'm going to do a personality test on Aust Post this afternoon - will let you know the outcome. lol

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@rossm_57 wrote:

I need help as the seller is stalling me. I bought a printhead in April, 2021 and it arrived in May 2021.  I informed the seller that it was not working properly.  I want to return the item but the seller will not acknowledge that.  They keep saying that they will get back to me.  Now it it is too late to return the item and I have had not offer of replacement or refund.  I am now out of pocket and feel I cannot trust this seller or ebay.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi rossm_57 , I'm sorry and saddened to hear of your situation. It certainly sounds like the seller has employed the "Delay Tactic" which is a well-used dirty trick by sellers to get you past the TTLFB (Time To Leave Feedback option) which could have been your leverage to get the seller to take ownership of their error band responsibility.  Had we still been able to utilize the pre-May, 2008 TTLFB option of 90 days, you may have been able to have some leverage.

OK, if you paid by PayPal then you still can put in a claim. If not then you could try the ....  "I will report you to eBay" or "I am now going to take action" option. Occasionally that works with some sellers.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply