Item was paid March 4, I have messaged the seller about the status, but he is not replying.

What should I do?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Item was paid March 4, I have messaged the seller about the status, but he is not replying.

Nothing.

When did you message the seller?

4 March was Wednesday. Today is very early Monday, a public holiday in many places. So TWO business days. Why would you have already hassled the seller? What is their handling time? Is the need for the item urgent? If so, why did you buy online?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

It's a bit soon to be worrying about this - this seller's handling time is 1 day, but you've bought it on Wednesday, so sent Thursday meaning you're not likely to see it until today or Tuesday at best (unless you paid for express).

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

What should you do?

Be patient

Stop badgering the seller

Or buy in person if you expect instant service

Not all sellers are at their computer 24/7

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

You bought Wednesday. By rights, you'd probably expect most items to be posted within 2-3 business days.

So normally on ebay (with most sellers), you'd find the article marked as sent on either Thursday or Friday.

But I see you only have feedback of 5 and so I assume you haven't been on ebay all that long or at least, haven't bought many things before?

First off, just let me say that not all sellers mark items as sent. It is a bit of a mistake on their part not to, as marking it can help ward off buyer worries. I am assuming your item's status is not showing as 'posted' yet. But it doesn't mean it hasn't been. Sometimes there is a lag of a day or more between posting and the seller marking it (if the item has no tracking).

Some sellers never mark it. I have bought items before where I am waiting for them to be posted and then there they are in my letter box.

So your item might be on its way.

The other thing that may happen is it might not get posted till tomorrow as today is a public holiday, or at least it is here in Vic.

But in any case, it is unlikely you will receive the item till later this week, no matter when it was posted.

It is not good that the seller hasn't replied to you. I suspect it is because it isn't posted yet. But don't panic and don't worry just yet.

Wait till the estimated arrival date, that is all that matters, not the exact date it is posted off.

If it hasn't arrived by the ETA, still don't worry, give it a day or so more then open an item not received claim and you'll get your money back.

There is nothing to worry about yet.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

You bought Wednesday. By rights, you'd probably expect most items to be posted within 2-3 business days.

So normally on ebay (with most sellers), you'd find the article marked as sent on either Thursday or Friday.

But I see you only have feedback of 5 and so I assume you haven't been on ebay all that long or at least, haven't bought many things before?

First off, just let me say that not all sellers mark items as sent. It is a bit of a mistake on their part not to, as marking it can help ward off buyer worries. I am assuming your item's status is not showing as 'posted' yet. But it doesn't mean it hasn't been. Sometimes there is a lag of a day or more between posting and the seller marking it (if the item has no tracking).

Some sellers never mark it. I have bought items before where I am waiting for them to be posted and then there they are in my letter box.

The other thing that may happen is it might not get posted till tomorrow as today is a public holiday, or at least it is here in Vic.

But in any case, it is unlikely you will receive the item till later this week, no matter when it was posted.

It is not good that the seller hasn't replied to you. I suspect it is because it isn't posted yet. But don't panic and don't worry just yet.

Wait till the estimated arrival date, that is all that matters, not the exact date it is posted off.

If it hasn't arrived by the ETA, still don't worry, give it a day or so more then open an item not received claim and you'll get your money back.

Except for those of us who have a handling time of 5+ days. Buyers shouldn't expect anything other than their item being posted within the seller's handling time. With my 5 days handling time, I have FIVE DAYS to post, not the 2 or 3 that YOU would expect. Funny that, even when I post on day 4 or 5, my items still arrive before the ETA. Yet, with YOUR expectaction, I should be punished because I didn't post within 2-3 days with a 5 day handling time. I am rolling my eyes.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@springyzone wrote:

Except for those of us who have a handling time of 5+ days. Buyers shouldn't expect anything other than their item being posted within the seller's handling time. With my 5 days handling time, I have FIVE DAYS to post, not the 2 or 3 that YOU would expect. Funny that, even when I post on day 4 or 5, my items still arrive before the ETA. Yet, with YOUR expectaction, I should be punished because I didn't post within 2-3 days with a 5 day handling time. I am rolling my eyes.

Wrong. Totally wrong, actually.  I wrote, and I quote, wait till the estimated arrival date, that's all that matters.

I did not at any time say that you or any other seller should be punished for having a handling time of 5 days. Quite the opposite in fact.

I said (and I'll repeat it as it is worth noting)-wait until the estimated delivery date, that is all that matters, not the exact date it is posted off.

I even advised the buyer to wait a little beyond that.

I never at any time said, either, that all sellers should have to post within 2-3 days. I said most sellers do. And that buyers have got into the way of expecting that as the norm.

I believe that many sellers with a handling time of eg 5 days often post off a day or so earlier than that if they can. But if they can't and the item arrives within the ETA, it's all good.

But I also think these things apply.

-many buyers dont look at the handling times in the ads, they just look at the item, price and ETA. That's not the seller's fault or concern really, but as we've seen numerous weary times, some buyers do fret if too many days go by and things aren't posted off. That's a reality too.

-the majority of sellers do post within 2-3 days and that's pretty much the norm on just about every other online buying platform.

-the only reason many sellers have tightened up to 2-3 days postage is because of pressure from ebay. Expect the screws to tighten further.

I have no grudge against any seller who has a longer handling time, all i pay attention to is the ETA. I do expect that to be met, or close to it.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply