Items bidding on removed

I had bid on a few items from overseas doesn't state that they will not ship to Australia. So I got an email from eBay

saying

We'd like to let you know that eBay has ended an item you were bidding on for breaching of one or more of our policies. As it's important that eBay maintains member privacy, we can't tell you exactly why the listing was removed.

This happened on all three items. 2 different sellers. The seller was very helpful and refunded me . But I was wondering if this was normal. I will no longer buy from international sellers it's not worth the hassle and wait for postage is ages.Three time I bought items paid for all three wasted time and energy.

As a buyer makes me not want to buy off international sellers even though I know i shouldn't judge all other seller on my experience with these two. They should just state that they don't ship too Australia. I don't know what could have caused a breach was it on my end or theirs. As eBay states they cannot tell me why due to privacy.

I can't really complain much the seller was very helpful and agreed to refund. Just a little annoying. Wanting to know if this was normal?
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Items bidding on removed

If the listings were removed then either the listing itself was in breach of policy, or the seller was in some other way. 

This can happen for a lot of different reasons - for example the listing was reported as fraudulent or the items fake, or there was a different policy violation that was reported, or the seller was - even temporarily - suspended. 

Sometimes it happens but doesn't even affect your purchase, you'll just get the automated email from eBay as a safety precaution, basically, but the item is legit and is received as normal. 

I buy quite frequently from overseas and have had this happen only a couple of times - eBay even send the notice to non-winning bidders of items that have been removed, and it's a little overly alarmist in a lot of cases, IMO.

I wouldn't let it put you off buying internationally, just take a little time to research your seller etc. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Items bidding on removed

I have bought a lot of things from OS and this has only happened to me once.. The item was removed due to copyright but I had paid for it and the seller assured me it had been sent.. 

I just waited for it to arrive, which it did

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Items bidding on removed

This happens just as often with domestic sales, it really has nothing to do with the sellers being overseas.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of reasons why an item may be removed, it can be something as insignificant as the seller being late paying their fees up to it being a scamming, hi-jacked account. Ebay send the same alarmist email whatever the circumstances.

Bottom line is if you have already paid and it isn't an expensive item give it a couple of weeks and if it doesn't arrive open a dispute. If it is an expensive or scam prone item then I would open a dispute straight away and then give it two weeks before escalating to a claim. If you haven't paid then don't do so.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply