Lost Record

kurkuppe_0
Community Member

I bought two items in two transactions on eBay this month, but they are not on my record in MyEbay.  Obviously something is wrong - I have received the items!  I wish to return one item.  I have tried, but there is no way I can get to send a message in the so called Help  to address this situation.  I suspect that I have multiple eBay accounts and that the transactions happened on a different account than I automatically get logged into when I open eBay.

But there is no way to get in touch with a human being at eBay, it seems.  Are there still any humans at eBay?  If there are, please contact me.  Seems AI stands for Activel Idiocy!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Lost Record

Note: you're not contacting eBay by posting on these boards. They are public forums on which any eBay member can post, and the responders are, like you, fellow eBay members who give voluntary helpful advice and information. (The standard of help is usually well above the type of cut-and-paste help provided by eBay customer service.)

I'm not quite sure why you are blaming eBay for your having multiple eBay accounts and having used a different eBay account for purchasing something. I don't mean to be rude in suggesting that that is solely your responsibility. Why do you not check your emails and see to which email account the transaction details were sent? That should help you to isolate which eBay account was used.

You can (normally) try contacting eBay by using the Have us call you facility, but do you expect the CS rep who will contact you to tell you which eBay account you used? Is that not a little like contacting your car manufacturer to ask which key will open your car door, when hanging on the rack right in front of you is a row of car keys and fobs?

Well... if you seriously cannot work out which account you used, and you do want eBay's help, yes, there are humans employed by eBay to help with Customer Service questions. (You should not put your email address on these boards. These are public boards, available for all the world to view. Please be wary of spam email to your email address that arrive as a result of your having posted the email address here. I will ask one of the forum moderators to remove your email from your post, for your own privacy and protection.)

eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. However, there's a notice at the bottom of the page at the moment, as follows:

To do what's right for the health and safety of our employees, phone support is not available right now. We recommend that you search our help pages for the information you need.

If you need further assistance, you can select one of the contact options below. We're working to restore our normal service as quickly as possible. Take care and stay safe.

I'm sure you can understand that eBay are probably sorting out issues with regard to social distancing and other safety issues in the workplace for their customer service representatives, resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. In the meantime, the chat facility is probably your best bet.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Lost Record

@kurkuppe_0 wrote:

I bought two items in two transactions on eBay this month, but they are not on my record in MyEbay.  Obviously something is wrong - I have received the items!  I wish to return one item.  I have tried, but there is no way I can get to send a message in the so called Help  to address this situation.  I suspect that I have multiple eBay accounts and that the transactions happened on a different account than I automatically get logged into when I open eBay.

But there is no way to get in touch with a human being at eBay, it seems.  Are there still any humans at eBay?  If there are, please contact me.  Seems AI stands for Activel Idiocy!

Have you tried logging into your various accounts to determine which one you bought through?

If you have multiple accounts, the onus is on you to know what you are doing with each of them.

I have 3. And I have 3 browsers open so I don't have to continually log into each when I need to do something. BUT the attached emails for those accounts all repeat to my main account, so I only need to have one email browser open. And there they all are.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply