MISLEADING HEADING

2005 AUSTRALIAN 50 CENT COIN-MELBOURNE 2006 COMMONWEALTH GAMES XVII-UNC ROLLS

but selling single coin 

2001 AUSTRALIAN 20 CENT CENTENARY OF FEDERATION 'NORFOLK ISLAND'-UNC-MINT ROLLS

again selling single coin 

1977 AUSTRALIAN 50 CENT COIN SILVER JUBILEE-UNC or BETTER -ROYAL MINT ROLLS

selling single coin 

he also has other ads similar to these one - people have left him negative feedback & I have reported him to no avail he is ripping buyers off & getting away with it 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

MISLEADING HEADING

He will only get away with it if those buyers

a)ignore the negs and buy anyway AND then

b)do not open disputes if they do not get what they pay for 

eBay might not remove the listing unless they get many reports but they will side with buyers if what they have paid for is not what they are sent

One would have hoped most buyers know the difference between a roll of coins and one coin and not support such a seller.......... seems not though 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

MISLEADING HEADING

he heading is misleading, but the text of the one I checked does say 1 coin.   and the heading does say 50cent coin.   I'm not justifying it,  just highlighting that you need to read the whole ad,  but some people cant be bothered.

Plus the feedback would have stopped me buying anyhow,  why dont people read feedback,  so buyers are their own worst enemy

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

MISLEADING HEADING

Yes, I am with you in that I think some sellers have misleading headings or titles and should get their act together to update so the heading matches the actual item on offer. I wouldn't say it is all that common sellers get it wrong, but you do come across such ads.

Your topic caught my eye as I have been following a similar sort of thing (though not an ad for coins), but the heading was so misleading I reported the ad. Not something I normally feel energetic enough to do but for this case, I made an exception.

I'll show you what the heading said.

ebay ad 1.PNG

Now, from that, I would expect that the smallest sized mailers would be 50 for $6.99, wouldn't you?

No such thing. For a start there was absolutely nothing at $6.99 and moreover, the choices when it came to quantity were either 20 or 40. There was no option for 50.

So I reported it.

Reporting does seem to get a response as very next day, there was suddenly a $6.99 option. Guess what it was though! A black 'sample', one for $6.99. I'll show you the new ad option.

You will notice that the sizes don't even align with the ad. And from memory, the cost of 40 mailers if you chose black went above the supposed $22.99 max. (still no 50 available anywhere)

ebay ad mailer.png

So I reported the ad again.

It has changed yet again. Here's the latest.

ebay ad 2.png

ebay ad mailer 3.png

As far as I am concerned, it is still a decpetive title and no way would I buy from this seller but at least the ad is marginally better than it was.  It now at least pretends there was an option to buy 50. The $6.99-$22.99 is now gone from the title. The ad says located in Darwin and perhaps it is, but the seller is registered in China. Not impressed, sellers should update their ads & ad titles according to stock available.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply