More heartache.

go-tazz
Community Member

More scam items listed in pocket bikes.

Negs from last year for none delivery of similar items: 221609336763  plus NARU's buyers.

5 NARU'd buyers and one neg for similar item from last year:171547059727 ,

All of their 12 buyers are NARU'd: 231393918355,(so probably their shill bidders).

13 NARU'd buyers and the two genuine buyers didn't get their items: 331384584946

12 buyers all NARU'd: 141475931587

6 buyers NARU'd and two buyers bought cheap items: 151481080225

8 NARU'd buyers,one neut for not receiving and one bought cheap item: 251723152227

2 NARU'd buyers and bought 4 items this month: 331386323195

11 NARU'd buyers: 281501700164

13 NARU'd buyers and one neg last year for similar item: 221605998605

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

More heartache.

This is a classic example where ebay as company should just deregister this  %^$%*&^ Seller (Scammer ) in a push of a button. They won't though. !!!!!! It amazes me how someone with that score is allowed to trade anyway ???

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

More heartache.

Being as how ebay is as delicate as a dinosaur with a brain size to match I can understand why they don't get banned (I am NOT condoning it) but I am at a complete loss to know why anyone would buy from them!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

More heartache.

How is someone allowed to sell with feedback of 50%? Obviously not enough defects yet. Just goes to show the feedback system is useless.

What's wrong with this picture?

screenshot-www.ebay.com.au 2014-11-20 01-10-48.png

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

More heartache.

Bidding over $30 when a BIN is available for $18

Buyers don't seem to look for the cheaper alternative,(even when it's by the same seller).

Plenty will just keep bidding till they win the item,(even when it goes higher then comparable ones or over

the maximum price that it should be worth).

Just sent an Email as these items are still up,(I have added that PP will be out of pocket as that sometimes

works).

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

More heartache.

I just don't get the whole "feedbacks" thing.

They must be using a hack of some sort.. Those feedbacks have to be fake. Could be hacked accounts also.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

More heartache.

@send_me_it wrote:

I just don't get the whole "feedbacks" thing.

They must be using a hack of some sort.. Those feedbacks have to be fake. Could be hacked accounts also.

They aren't hacked accounts, they are merely accounts the scammer has set up in the past as part of a large network of accounts they intend to use to conduct their scams. After setting them up the scammer then conducts a series of fake transactions buying & selling between their various accounts to build up some feedback so they can then start using them to conduct scams with.

The scammer tazz has highlighted looks to be either inept, lazy, desperate, or all three, to be using such low feedback accounts and accounts tied so clearly to deregistered accounts.

There have been some much more intricate scammer networks used in the past involving many much higher fb accounts where it wasn't so easy to spot the connections between the accounts without some very serious digging. Many of the scammer accounts operated like sleeper cells quietly conducting many tiny transactions between a huge number of accounts within the network over a year or more, and with some of the larger accounts even conducting an occassional legit buy/sell (though almost always for low $'s) to help add credibility. When it came time to run their scam they activated one or two of their sleeper accounts at a time, they'd run the scam until they were found out, then they'd merely activate the next one or two sleeper accounts to take over where the previous had left off.

This happened a couple of years back, I was on the whirlpool forum at the time and a number of us had unearthed a large scammer network after the first couple of initial scams had occured. We were able to link a slew of accounts from the same network and then watch as they one by one were activated and geared up (via a sudden increase in feedback from dodgy larger sales to other accounts in the network) immediately prior to then listing the 'too good to be true' scam products. We were able to predict which account was about to start scamming a few days before they did.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

More heartache.

This scammer is similar to the accounts that where operating two years ago that only used low feedback

accounts,(they originally started as 0 and low  feedback sellers).

There ended up being over 150 accounts created in China,Malaysia,Taiwan and The Philippines,(most where

registered around the 30th of a month,from June to December the year before).

It took over three weeks to get them all shut down,(Customer support had no idea and it took repeated Emails

before they started to act,similar to what's happening now).

The scam items where around a similar price to these,(generally at a quarter or less of the normal price).

It looks like eBay has failed to act again and nothing will be done on the weekend,(the weekend is scammers

paradise as they know there is no T & S active).

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply