My item seems to be stuck at Erlanger, KY for more than 9 days now!!!

jim30nl
Community Member

I see some others on th eboard have had some issues before with this Global SHipping Program, and items being delayed for no good reason when te buyer should really opt out of this program... USPS would be much faster and much cheaper for the buyer for delivery without going through this global shipping program...

Can someone from ebay look into this for me and let me know where my item is - seems the global shipping progra tracking is for some reason not updating at all and i don;t want to missout on the delivery as my item has cost me over $500...

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Jim, the GSP is a US service.  Australian buyers can not opt out of it.  If the seller is using it then you need to ask if they will send directly to you using the USPS.  Some sellers will agree, many will not.

Ebay representatives do not read these boards and certainly will not check your tracking for you.

If you need help you will have to post the tracking number....we are not mind readers.

Message 2 of 53
Latest reply

Nobody from ebay reads these boards, we are just ordinary members like yourself who try to help other members.

Ebay have no control over the seller's delivery methods and it is the seller you should be contacting.

A lot of us will not buy anything from the US if the seller uses GSP

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 53
Latest reply

oops my bad - typo..

"buyer should really opt out of this program"

- should read -

"seller should really opt out of this program"

Found this post:

Seems even if a seller is willing to ship USPS etc it can be tricky to buy that item that is listed with Global Shipping/Pitney Bowes. Just the other day I tried a buy-it-now (after the seller had okayed USPS First Class International) but I simply couldn't get through the checkout process. Immediate payment was required, Global Shipping was specified as the only option, no other options available to select!!

I went digging around on the eBay US boards and found the steps needed for the seller to 'opt out' of the Global Shipping Program. I messaged my seller with that info and lo and behold I was soon able to use buy it now as normal (seller had not known the process to opt out prior to that). For anyone interested it appears to be:

(My eBay summary page)

account > site preferences > shipping preferences > Offer the Global Shipping Program > edit > no

You won't see those options on the Aussie ebay but if you are curious to see what it looks like yourself you can probably just log in via the ebay.com site and have a look (and spread the word to those US sellers who are willing to be flexible on the shipping situation).

Message 4 of 53
Latest reply

Hi jim30nl!

I'm in the same situation now and was wondering if you it your item in the end? Mine had been in Erlanger for 7 days.

Thanks!
Message 5 of 53
Latest reply

You are on the Austalian boards here.....perhaps your question about the GSP to the UK should be directed to the UK boards.

You will be hard pressed to find anyone in Australia who likes the system.

Message 6 of 53
Latest reply

I have the same problem and have already started a contraversial thread about it.  I have 8 items being sent to me via GSP and all 8 are sitting at PBI in Erlanger KY.  The first item arrived there on 18 October and it is now 29 October.  I hate how PBI cannot be contacted directly about these issues, and it's even worse than the eBay reps are of absolutely no assistance, either via live chat or direct phone.  PBI also seem to be extremely slack regarding the uploading of on-forwarding tracking details, sometimes the tracking doesn't even show until the item has been delivered.  What use is that???

Message 7 of 53
Latest reply

I'm in the same boat I've 3 items brought from the same seller on differant occasions and now it shows there caught up to each other and there all sitting in Erlanger KY , I hate this GSP in future I refuse to buy of sellers using this program ! Which is a pity as I love the sellers items !
Message 8 of 53
Latest reply

A quick update.  Three of the eight items arrived today.  Still no tracking visible from Erlanger, KY, US to Australia.  The item that arrived at PBI on 18 October arrived with today's lot, so that's 14 days in transit (in total, from the seller to me) which IMO is fantastic.  PBI need to get their act together with their tracking system though!!

Message 9 of 53
Latest reply

Good stuff gives me hope ! My packages arrived at PBI on the 24th oct / 27th oct so it should arrive in 7 / 10 days ! They must be givin a new tracking no or they don't communicate with ebays tracking system ! But it just makes you feel nervous especially when there pricey items !
Message 10 of 53
Latest reply