Need a refund from eBay (NOT A SELLER)

he-31758
Community Member

Hi there,

I made a purchase on ebay a couple days ago on the 7th, and payment went through fine. Strangely though I got billed again for the total amount the very next day. I have gotten in contact with the sellers and my bank and they say that the issue is with ebay. I have looked through all the help options available and there is nothing about getting a refund from ebay themselves without the sellers taking the blame (or at the very least getting further involved when they shouldn't).

Can I sent an email address, or phone number, or a link to a page somewhere on ebay's help that will allow me to supply evidence of this mistake and get this resolved?

I AM NOT looking to return my product(s), as I don't have them yet and I expect them to arrive.
I HAVE NOT missed my deliveries, as they say they are still in transit.
This is just something funny happening in the background of ebay's payment system it seems and I'd just like to get the extra money that I was docked back.

Cheers and thanks.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Many people mentioned a similar problem, and it appears that one of the payments is an authorization which will then be automatically refunded. First the authorization, then the proper payment, then the authorization is refunded. It is strange though that the bank said it's eBay, so, who knows, maybe it is a different problem after all.

If you want to contact eBay you can contact them via live chat from the help page (during normal business hours).

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I wonder if it's a "pending" charge which will fall away after a few days?

The seller doesn't have access to your card or any financial information and cannot process payments. 

If the charge is still there say on Tuesday, it could be worth getting onto Chat during business hours and enquiring.

Otherwise if the second charge still sticks, then raise a dispute with the bank. It's rare, but I've had this happen in the past where there has been a double charge and the bank has resolved it.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

On my searches around the website I haven't seen a Live Chat window or box anywhere, could the issue be that I'm using Firefox? For reference, this is where I've generally been looking for solutions, outside google searching of course.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

You have to  go to the help page (the link in your post), scroll down to "contact us" and go through all the options until a live chat window appears. It does not really matter if the options are not exactly what you need. They can transfer you once the live chat starts. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply