Negative feedback left for fraudulent seller disappeared?

I recently purchased an item that was advertised as "proudly Australian", however when it arrived it was covered in "Made in China" stickers. I went to the sellers feedback and saw a few buyers had also been stung and left negative feedback. I did the same. All the negative feedback was recent, last few weeks.

Today I noticed all the seller's negative feedback has been removed, and their page says "Top Rated seller: One of eBay's most reputable sellers."

What on earth is going on here? This seller is selling fraudulant items and having their negative history whitewashed?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Unfortunately what buyers don't realise is, feedback can be removed if it mentions a refund, a case, or accusing the seller as fraudulent, scammer etc when unproven. It is often considered defamatory and grounds for removal.

If buyers simply mention their disappointment in the transaction without details, negs will often remain.

image host
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

This "top rated" seller is still selling frautulnt goods, how can I report this directly to eBay? It is entirely unacceptable, and it seems he is working through a loophole to have the people calling him out silenced.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

It is not a 'loophole'. As mentioned if you word your feedback according to the rules it will stay. There really isn't much else you can do, Ebay doesn't care andlike most things, it is up to buyers to read a sellers feedback and do their due dilligence before buying, both online and offline.

Latest reply

Got to say, I truly am disgusted and my confidence in the system is gone. What is the point of feedback when it disappears like this?!

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Surely it cannot be that hard to leave factual feedback without breaking eBay's 'rules'

People can rant and abuse until the cows come home anywhere else(to themselves,their friends, Facebook,wherever they like), But if they choose to do it in the feedback they leave, it will almost always get taken down

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@its_like_coffeezilla wrote:

This "top rated" seller is still selling frautulnt goods, how can I report this directly to eBay? It is entirely unacceptable, and it seems he is working through a loophole to have the people calling him out silenced.

Each listing has a report link.

image host
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

To add, if the feedback you left did not go against eBay's rules, you could try contacting eBay via Live Chat and ask they reinstate it 

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

it's because chinese sellers prop up ebay and are a protected species around here-especially so after the wuhan virus wrecked the world - zero accountability and enjoy the protection of many red supporters - just have a look at the scummy university of queensland and the crushing of democratic free speech in a supposedly democratic nation - wouldn't surprise me if ccp agents lurking on here have all these posts removed.

when the revolution comes ebay will be one of the first up against the wall

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@supermussolinibros wrote:

Edited your post down to the pertinent details.

For anyone interested in actual facts; check a buyer's feedback page prior to purchase.  Look at where the account is registered, and look for feedback comments that mention items not originating from where they're supposed to.

Regarding disappearing feedback ratings, eBay has a process in place that is removing some negative ratings when certain criteria are met.  It's designed to prevent buyer being unfairly penalised for delays in delivery to to COVID issues. eBay's criteria seem to be a little loose though as negs left for other reasons are sometimes being removed also.

It's not a conspiracy to protect those sellers from certain countries, however - I've seen it happen on ridgy-didge Aussie accounts too.

It would pay for some people to check their facts rather than spew rubbish.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply