Neutral Feedback

Hi All,

I just recently purchased "Preowned Clothing" 

The item was paid for immediately at the close of the auction.

In the description the Seller claims that the item was only worn once and was in perfect condition.

Item arrives and has not been cleaned and smells of stale perfume, and has clearly been

worn more than once due to the amount pilling on the fabric.

Now before I left my feedback for this seller, I checked what the conditions are for listing

"Used Clothing" and the items must be thoroughly cleaned.

Now based on the fact that the item was not clean and smelt I left Neutral feedback

My feedback stated that the item was not clean however it was a smooth transaction.

The seller has since stated in my feedback a "Warning- buyer is an absolute pain. Do not deal with this buyer"  which is totally uncalled for and the seller has also sent a personal email telling me not to purchase from them and that I should not be on ebay and that I got the item at a bargain of a price.

I have since contacted Customer Support advise them of the situation but

in all honestly I could have left negative feedback based on the amount of pilling

on the fabric and that it was not clean which is the sellers responsibility.

I would like to get your thoughts on why Sellers think that Neutral feedback is such a bad thing and

what does constitute a neutral ebay experience.;-)

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Neutral Feedback

Well 1st of all,you need to report them for leaving a positive with a negative comment as it is against ebay policy.

Use the following link

http://contact.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2017&rcode=FB%25P10049&subject=Feedback...

And for an item that I paid $119 for,I would have contacted them 1st & THEN if no joy,left a neg.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Neutral Feedback

I would like to get your thoughts on why Sellers think that Neutral feedback is such a bad thing and

what does constitute a neutral ebay experience.;-)

Sellers dislike neutrals for a range of reasons, well anything less than positive really, particularly if such feedback is left without contact and giving the seller an opportunity to resolve the problem. Negs and neuts affect a seller's performance standards, which in turn can affect their capacity to sell on-site.

That's not to say some transactions aren't deserving of less than positive feedback, just how it can affect an account. Many sellers take it personally, too, especially those that have made an honest error and would be more than willing to resolve the issue as much and as quickly as is reasonable and possible.

What constitutes a neutral experience is really a subjective thing, so that's difficult to answer in general, but I personally don't leave anything other than positive unless I can be 100% certain the seller did whatever I have a problem with intentionally and wasn't willing to resolve. If I'm not sure but I don't feel positive about a transaction, I don't leave any feedback. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Neutral Feedback

Hi they can not leave a negative remark on a positive feedback it is against eBay policy and can and will be removed if you contact ebay customer support. Donot email them but ring them and have them fix it while your on the phone.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Neutral Feedback

As a buyer it annoys me if something is described as like new, or used once and then turns up with pilling.  That's obviously a sign something has been well used.

The perfume thing - doesn't necessarily mean they didn't wash it.  Sometimes I buy things that smell strongly of lavender, or whatever, my guess is the seller thinks it is appealing so sprays it or stores it with smelly stuff.   (Note to sellers: not everyone likes this, me included).

If you had contacted the seller before leaving the feedback they may have tried to fix their mistake with a partial refund or (if you wanted to) a return and full refund. 

Other than that I'd say the neutral was deserved.  

I rarely list second hand things but I especially wouldn't bother if it had pilling.  

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Neutral Feedback

Many thanks for your insights all, it is appreciated

🙂

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply