No Refund from China Seller

I purchased a coat from China nice glossy add with heaps of pics and sizing chart ,all good ? Item arrived only to find material was pvc and not leather ( as stated) and size was incorrect  so i opened a case .Seller accepted the return but could not supply return shipping label so it cost me $53 to ship back . I have head nothing since so today i checked the tracking only to find China post has attemped to delivery on 3 occasions without success so looks like they have suppied a dodgy address . Ebay have stated i would be refunded after 6 days of the item being delivered , so i,m now $190 out of pocket , can i do anything?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Keep calling eBay and over the phone provide the tracking explaining the delivery attempts.

But ask for a supervisor first.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

If you did the return via ebay, it should have the correct address details as it would be registered there. I think they, both the seller and ebay are stringing you along. The seller must pay the return postage, well, all us small sellers cop it in the neck these days if we dont.  If you opened a case through paypal, they pay $50 towards the return postage if the seller wont. Well, that is how it was a few months ago when I did a return to china. Best keep chinese purchases to a very low cost just incase things go wrong. I wouldn't be buying what you did from them regardless. You need to see the coat in real life, not just believe their listing lies. They are a protected bunch as far as ebay goes, they make ebay more money than you or I. Nuff said.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did ebay give you the address or was it the seller?

Unless the return address was given to you by ebay I think you have lost your money....the item has to be returned by tracked mail to the address provided by ebay in the dispute.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Looks to me like you opened a ''dispute'' with the seller, and not through ebay or paypal. If you did, they would have given you the correct details. The seller is savvy and is playing the game. Now that they won't get the return, and you cannot prove that they did or didn't, your money will be gone. Give their feedback a hiding, but wait a couple of days and check, it will get removed. Protection of the scammers is the go these days.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

call ebay

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Always go through PayPal for issues like this in my opinion, attempted delivery, case closed in your favour, they would of made seller pay for shipping return, sometimes eBay too hard basket, but just keep going up the line with eBay until you get satisfaction.

ive even lost cases where an item was delivered to a 3rd world country over a Xmas period which took over 60 days and ebay didn't even think to extend 60 days postage over busiest time of year lol

hello eBay, anyway, was speaking to PayPal and they saw it was delivered and refunded me with a gratis payment because they were so disgusted with my experience, so have a crack via PayPal

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@bassyabbie wrote:

Always go through PayPal for issues like this in my opinion, they would of made seller pay for shipping return,

Wrong , Paypal will not force the seller to pay return shipping, that's what eBay's MBG does.

Paypal offers a limited retrun postage (up to $45.00) IF you sign up before opening a dispute.

You were given a one-off discretionary payment by Paypal, which is not always available, you were lucky.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply