No paypal account and paymate is not activated

raed61
Community Member

I recently bid on an iphone and won it, and i discovered later that seller doesn't have paypal option to pay, is this possible, i knew that all ebay sellers must have paypal account to enable them to sell on ebay, he had paymate and bank account as options, so i tried to send money through paymate, but his account was not activated. Now he's filed a non payment action against me, and i went through his feedback, to realize that he has a lot of negative on previous iphone items that he sold, and obviously that's the reason why he hasn't go paypal.  What should i do now? any help. thanx

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

JMO but I would NOT pay,wait for the unpaid item strike from ebay & use the appeal link.

If the seller has as many negs as you say,you should RUN from this purchase.

I would also report the seller to ebay Trust & Safety for failing to have an approved payment method available to buyers ie Paypal,Paymate or merchant credit card.

You can email T & S

aurswebhelp@ebay.com

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I recently bid on an iphone and won it, and i discovered later that seller doesn't have paypal option to pay, is this possible, i knew that all ebay sellers must have paypal account to enable them to sell on ebay, he had paymate and bank account as options, so i tried to send money through paymate, but his account was not activated. Now he's filed a non payment action against me, and i went through his feedback, to realize that he has a lot of negative on previous iphone items that he sold, and obviously that's the reason why he hasn't go paypal.  What should i do now? any help. thanx

no they do NOT, they must offer one of 3 safe options

paypal

paymate

credit card as a merchant.

checking payment options and feedbacks is something to do before bidding/buying, not after.

as foxette suggests, just wait for the dispute and apeal it

and report him for no paymate a/c as advertised.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

raed61
Community Member

Thanx for the advice guys ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

do respond to the dispute with evidence you attempted to pay with paymate and the seller doesn't have an ebay approved method of payment.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply