Non delivery of good, getting the run around.

So I purchased a product at the end of June with express post and got notification of it being posted on 1st July.

A week later I hadn't received my parcel so I messaged the buying asking where it is an for a tracking number. She responded saying she had moved interstate but that she had posted it on 7th July.

Another week later still hadn't received my express post parcel so I decided to open a dispute in paypal for non delivery and got this response from the buyer:

As I am interstate and have been for 2-3 week as stated, I am happy to cancel the whole transaction, but all parcels that are at my exs were sent today, and another persons tomorrow, but I will oblige and tell the post office to cancel yours, and you receive a refund.

I had to just laugh at this response.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

LOL, I would say nice try but it isn't even that. I would just escalate to a claim straight away if you haven't already. I would also be leaving a neg and only one DSR.

If I had paid for express and it hadn't been posted within their handling time I would not have waited as long as you did.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
Interesting to note that your seller has zero feedback as a seller, so presumably none of her other 16 buyers from 80 listings have yet received their items. I have a funny feeling that we can expect to see quite a few negs rolling in very shortly.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Is there somewhere we can report suspicious sellers rather than individual items?

I have been watching a number of identical items from a number of different new sellers, each 'selling' the same multiple identical items, more and more of these keep popping up.

The sellers then all seem to become deregistered before any feedback is lodged (with two exceptions, one currently has a -4 feedback score, the other currently sitting on 22, apparently seemed to send *some* of the items, but more negative feedbacks are appearing).

I've tried reporting individual items but there's nowhere to explain why I am really reporting it .....

Thanks in anticipation ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Contact Customer Support by clicking on 'Call Us' on the following page... http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1488

As to whether or not eBay actually do anything about it, your guess is probably as good as mine.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Sounds like she's relying on the Ex and whoever to pack and post and they can't be bothered.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

The sellers then all seem to become deregistered before any feedback is lodged

They're not deregistering themselves.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

The message I see when clicking through to their profiles (of those that still show up, some no longer show) is:

"No longer a registered user"

I thought that meant they've deactiveated or deregistered themselves, but I may not be understanding how it all works or have the wrong terminology .....

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

The terminology is correct, but what Dave means is that sellers can't deregister themselves as it takes around 3 months for a voluntarily deregistered account to become inactive in case there are any unpaid fees, etc. It means that eBay are actually deregistering these seller's accounts immediately for breaches of policy or other offences which may have been perpetrated, including fraud.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply