Non paying buyer a bad joke when sellers fault

So I bought an item that says I have to request freight cost, they actually say in the listing what it will be but I can't complete the transaction until they confirm it.. I just get a big red sign on the paying form saying to contact the seller for freight. I did multiple times and it never changed, and they never responded, but I kept being warned by ebay that I am a non paying buyer and now have been reported as such? **bleep**..

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If the system can see the seller never responded with a final price why does ebay keep saying it is MY problem?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

The eBay site is an automated system and doesn't look at messaging unless members or items are reported to eBay. (eBay is not people, it is a computer program)

eBay send a payment reminder after 48 hours and that is all and can be ignored.

If an unpaid item case has been closed cancelling the transaction, that is the seller's doing.

If not then no report has gone on your account.

Select help at the top and chat with eBay explaining the unpaid item case and they may remove it from your account if indeed there is one.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

(eBay is not people, it is a computer program)

I understand, but the system can see the freight has not been set by the seller and therefore knows it is the seller we are waiting on.. Seems pretty logical to code it to check that before telling the buyer it is their fault..

But whatever I will wait it out.. very frustrating as I can't buy from someone else in case this one goes through (don't want it twice) but the seller is completely unresponsive and I tried to cancel the transaction but system won't allow that either... sigh..

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Just to add this happened to me once before and as the seller never responded I got an unpaid item mark against me and I had to appeal it as it seems the system automatically switches over to an unpaid case and when the seller again does nothing it automatically tagged me as a non paying buyer until I appealed..

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Leaving positive feedback seems pointless and rather impetuous as you don't really know what the problem is, may not be the seller at fault at all.

I assume you have done it as a means of communication, hope it all works out for you.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I can't buy from someone else in case this one goes through

If an unpaid item case has gone through (which it appears it has), it is complete as far as eBay is concerned, so this one won't go through.

It is possible that the seller has automated the opening of NPB cases. If they are not responding to messages, they could well be indisposed.

Either way, buy the item from someone else.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply