Not sure what to do...

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of a dilemma.

I recently bought a DVD that turned out to be VERY fake. The show had been copied straight from tv (it had the channel's logo in the corner), the quality was awful, the DVD cover itself was fuzzy and obviously unofficial.

So I contacted the seller and told them it was fake. They called me a liar, but refunded me anyway "to avoid argument". But a few hours later I recieved a threatening message from the seller, saying that I have to accept a cancellation of the sale, or else they will open an Unpaid Item Dispute against me.

Are they allowed to do this? I don't want to accept the sale cancellation. I just want to leave a negative feedback and move on. But I also don't want an Unpaid Item dispute against my profile.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Not sure what to do...

Leave the negative feedback that is factual with no nastness ie DVD was a recorded TV program not a genuine item.

Then call ebay by clicking on Customer Support

in the top RH corner and then click on Contact ebay tab then  hover your mouse over buying and click on report a member then click on call us and you will be given a free call number to ring and a code to enter.

Ask them to view the messages from the seller and you want to report them.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Not sure what to do...

do nothing but leave a neg feedback.

as you have paid and they refunded they CANNOT open a non payer dispute

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Not sure what to do...

Leave the biggest (factual) red neg possible, to warn other potential buyers about this fraudulent seller.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Not sure what to do...

They can't open a dispute once you close the cancellation request by refusing it, They can't leave you a neg either though I wouldn't let that concern me.

I would either ignore any emails completely or send them one last one saying that you are trying to decide if you should destroy the disk or hand it over to the authorities and any further communication from them will very much influence your choice of action.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply