OS sellers

I need a vent...Who else is sick of OS sellers ( Asian) who do not post goods and send you the old "Customs must have it excuse then so solly will send another when you have already waited 5-6 weeks for an item to arrive in the first place ?  I now just ask for a refund and leave neg feedback.. Its getting beyond rediculous ! 5-6 weeks start the 'did not recieve" process, Get message from them , Oh so solly , Customs must have it, please wait another 2 weeks for it to arrive or wait until we send you another item , which by the way will never arrive either.. I am fed up with getting the same speil again and again  when I could have purchased from another seller and hope that the same thing doesnt happen with them. I admit that there are some honest OS sellers and I try to stick with them, but they don't always have what I want. Also too, the carp that is arriving frtom these sellers.. Ribbons that are nothing short of paper and advertised as satin or nylon.. Cotton threads that are so flimsy that they break at the slightest touch..The list goes on and on..Ebay needs to step up and stop giving these shonky sellers, with hundreds of neg feedback, the welcome mat and total priority.! Dream on you say...yep I will..

Thanks for reading this and don't shoot me because I dared to vent and express and opinion...

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

OS sellers

Maybe stop buying from OS (Asian) sellers if you have so many problems with them?

Lots of people have no issues, so maybe you are picking the wrong ones. Do you check their feedback before buying, or just go with cheapest and expect a Rolls Royce for a Holden price?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

OS sellers

If you are after ribbons, I found a fantastic aussie seller with a huge range, you can send queries and sometimes she has widths/lengths and colours that are not listed on ebay. Very reasonable prices and the best part-they arrive in a couple of days. (well, for me they did, but we are only a few suburbs away).

I haven't bought a lot from Chinese sellers. Did buy some diamante buckles for invites (to thread through the ribbon) and they came quickly, were good value and quality, so I guess it depends on what you buy and which company you buy from.

But for sure, if it isn't there in 4-6 weeks, there is something wrong. I found about 3 weeks was average.

I have also bought from aliexpress-prices there are sometimes better than ebay and service is good.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

OS sellers

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I had an interesting experience with a Chinese seller recently.

I won an auction for a small jewellery storage box and used BIN to get a similar ring box.

After 2 weeks I received a message from the seller that they were now out of stock of the items and asked did I want a refund or did I want to wait 6 weeks till they got more stock..

Something made me check the seller's listings again.....the BIN item was still listed with multiples available and the auction item was again running as an auction and a BIN listing with multiples available.

I politely answered the seller and pointed out that as the items were still listed as both BINs and auctions they should perhaps stop the auctions and send the items to buyers who had won them previously.   I did not want to wait 6 weeks and did not want a refund....I just wanted my items.   Two weeks later they were delivered.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

OS sellers

I've never had any problems with Asian sellers, but I guess it depends on what you are buying and from who. I can count on one hand the amount of things that didn't arrive (from sellers I'd bought from before) and even though it was past the 45 days for PayPal to make a claim (they were awhile ago), they had no hesitation in refunding me. Most of them have high feedback scores and most have 100% feedback. The few that did have a single negative feedback were because the buyer didn't read the listing.

I do know people that have had nothing but trouble with Asian sellers, but they are buying junk and expecting top quality. They would have been far better going to the $2 shop. They don't learn though. They keep buying carp and then come crying to me when it either doesn't turn up or it's absolute rubbish. I have no sympathy for them any more. One came crying after buying from a high feedback seller (around 40,000) with 88% feedback. What did they expect?

Always check the feedback for sellers, especially Asian sellers. Don't buy from any high volume sellers with less than 99.8% feedback.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply