OZTRAIL DELUXE GAZEBO SOLID WALL WALLS WHITE 3m x 3m AND 3m x 6m 300 Denier

1doble1
Community Member

This headline is highly misleading.

I purchased what is offered - believing I would get GAZEBO SOLID WALL WALLS WHITE 3m x 3m AND 3m x 6m 300 Denier.

Note the plural WALLS.

Note also the word "AND" .... clearly means that the offer is for two walls. Apparently not according to the company (Shade Australia).

Why word your advert like this then.

This is highly misleading. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

it clearly says in the listing one wall only you need to read the listing description not just the title.

1 Solid Side Wall ONLY

Solid Side wall for 3x3m and 3x6m Oztrail Gazebo. This will cover 1 side of the 3x3 or 3x6m gazebo. The walls zip together at the corner which means you can fully enclose the gazebo.

300 Denier Polyester

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

All the listings clearly state how many walls one will recieve...but only if you read more than the title.

If one chooses to buy from title only, then caveat emptor, I'm afraid.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I was expecting to see a negative left for the seller, except the OP doesn't leave feedback for anyone. Probably the sellers only saving grace!!

I wonder sometimes why us sellers even bother with a description when so many buyers only read the title and look at the photos.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@curmu-curmu wrote:

All the listings clearly state how many walls one will recieve...but only if you read more than the title.

This ia all true, yes, but why do sellers stoop to these lows just to sell things. Ebay is full of these deceptive sellers who have to hide behind flashy headings to make a catch. To the experienced Ebay shopper, yes, they may not get caught but to the newbies, which Ebay needs to get on board, it can be a minefield. I have purchased quite a bit and have almost being caught a few times. If a b&m store was caught doing this in a catalogue, or a newspaper add, fair trading would pounce, as it is simply misleading at best. To the OP, you have my sympathy, you have been trapped, and best advice is to look elsewhere next time. If a shopper needs to be a bush lawyer to buy on Ebay, well, something is wrong.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@audistarelectronics wrote:

@curmu-curmu wrote:

This ia all true, yes, but why do sellers stoop to these lows just to sell things. Ebay is full of these deceptive sellers who have to hide behind flashy headings to make a catch. To the experienced Ebay shopper, yes, they may not get caught but to the newbies, which Ebay needs to get on board, it can be a minefield. I have purchased quite a bit and have almost being caught a few times. If a b&m store was caught doing this in a catalogue, or a newspaper add, fair trading would pounce, as it is simply misleading at best. To the OP, you have my sympathy, you have been trapped, and best advice is to look elsewhere next time. If a shopper needs to be a bush lawyer to buy on Ebay, well, something is wrong.

Titles are about using as many keywords as possible so items come up in searches.

Sellers are advised by ebay to use as many keywords as possible which is why titles are often gramatically incorrect and can sometimes appear confusing as ebay does not give enough space in titles for all the information to be given. 

The title is used to bring the item up in the search - the description and item specifics is what tells you what you are actually purchasing.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

boggo58
Community Member

Hope you didnt pay too much for it, B i g W have 2 sides for $30.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply