On leaving feedback as a buyer

Hi, I'm a buyer. So far I've been leaving feedback far more than I do on Amazon (in the form of item reviews), but what's the deal with leaving honest negative or neutral feedback when things don't go well, to warn other buyers? Sellers jump all over me and try to get me to change it, seem to have no concept of the customer always being right, don't apologize or offer a solution, then leave negative feedback about me, the buyer, making like they're all innocent. It's not like that on Amazon. It's making me afraid to leave any sort of feedback. I don't want to not be able to buy from someone I have no problem with, just because someone else sent me a poorly packaged, smelly or faulty item and then refused to own up about it. Sellers have a couple times now tried to make me look bad as the buyer, the customer!, when it was they who messed up! I don't get it, is there a taboo about negative feedback? Am I only supposed to leave positive feedback and just hush up about anything negative? Returns are not really an option when shipping costs usually more than the item itself and is not refundable. One seller sent me a doll in a sawn off box with an airpack making up the missing side. Doll's box got crushed of course. She was very aggressive to me, I had to cease communication. Obviously there will be some personality clashes, some dishonourable buyers, and some shoddy sellers, but is this business or not? I always pay promptly and honour my bids. How do I succeed here? All I want to do is buy stuff.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maybe ask on the member forum for where you are?

It might be different rules in Canada, I don't know

Here in OZ, if a seller 'jumps all over you' you'd report them, especially if feedback extortion is involved 

Also here, if an item is not as described , the seller has to pay for return postage if they want it back, not the buyer

And finally, on eBay Australia, it is a breach of policy to leave false positives as a seller left you, so here you could report that and the seller would get their account pinged

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Maybe ask on the member forum for where you are?

It might be different rules in Canada, I don't know

Here in OZ, if a seller 'jumps all over you' you'd report them, especially if feedback extortion is involved 

Also here, if an item is not as described , the seller has to pay for return postage if they want it back, not the buyer

And finally, on eBay Australia, it is a breach of policy to leave false positives as a seller left you, so here you could report that and the seller would get their account pinged

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Oh, Sorry! I didn't realize this is Australia! 

Thank you very much for the info! I didn't know any of those things. I'm sure it all applies here too.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Not a problem 😀

Hopefully you have the same sort of policies 

Have a good one 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply