One click bid bugged.

Hello, I would just like to point out that I have lost an auction because of a fault on the one click bid system. Despite me entering a very high bid amount, the system never registered my bid and kept telling me to input something higher without bidding for me. Just want to let ebay users to be cautious when bidding for the item when it nearly ends.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

One click bid bugged.

I've had this happen a couple of times, where my bid wasn't accepted and I was told I had to bid higher than the current amount, only in my case it wasn't one-click bidding that glitched, it was that the listing. Usually the bids update in real time, but sometimes they don't (especially annoying in the last few seconds), so (for example) what happened was that I was seeing a current price of $5, but the current price was actually $10, causing my $7.50 bid to be rejected. 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

One click bid bugged.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If several bids come in at the end of the auction it is quite possible that one of them is higher than yours and will cause your bid not to be entered.

That is the message that all bidders receive when their bid is not high enough...it is not restricted to the one click option.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

One click bid bugged.

Use a free sniping service-just google them ie Gixen

Enter the maximum you're prepared to pay & the service will automatically bid on your behalf in last few seconds of the auction.

You don't need to be anywhere near a computer when auction ends.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

One click bid bugged.

lpede5
Community Member

Gixen really is awesome like foxette said. I have been using it for the past 2 weeks and have no complaints. No costs, and very easy to use, just make sure you enter the highest amount you are willing to pay, most of the time it won't reach it, but it's worth it if you really want the item

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

One click bid bugged.

boomct
Community Member

I use my snipe, works great!  Except that because I bid at the last minute I back feel bad for the bidders that miss out  . . .

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply