Opinions please

77redcorvettel82
Community Member

regarding item no: 330906402502 postage. Just curious to see if I made a mistake when purchasing this item. As I'm in OZ, and the seller is in US. The listing states Free international postage, I put Australia in the postage section it comes up Free postage, so i hit buy it now , pay for it, then seller says 49.90 to send it. I explained it states free international shipping but they don't agree. Am I missing something?

Cheers in advance

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Opinions please

Did you happen to check the sellers feedback before bidding?  over 60 negs and neutrals in the past month alone.

As for the shipping, yes it definitely says free postage,  and you are not obligated to pay more, but if they refuse to send the item you can`t force the issue, I would advise you ask for a full refund, and if they don`t oblige, open a dispute.

You have feedback to express your feelings once you have your money back, although I doubt yet another red dot will effect their trading practices. ๐Ÿ˜ž

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

Opinions please

That the seller messed up his listing is not your problem, BUT $49 is what I would expect to pay for something like that posted from US.  I would not pay, and unless he apologised  I would report him; he cannot demand more postage than stated in the listing.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

Opinions please

77redcorvettel82
Community Member

Thanks for the replies, good to know that it is not only me that sees the Free International Post. I did notify them of their error but they just don't see it or don't want to. Numerous emails later and still being messed around, even reported the item to ebay regarding the issue with postage but they don't seem to care either. In paypals hands now, just a hassle to get funds returned. Yes I did check feedback as always, met my criteria of at least 99% as you have to remember there are so many people out there that neg over minor issues or want it for nothing. Anyway thanks for your opinions , Cheers

Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

Opinions please

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING:
We use United states Postal Services and DHL, we will select the best shipping method for your parcel.Please contact us for rates.

Did you do as stated in the listing?

The free postage is for a standard flat rate international envelope, did you really think they would be sent in an envelope?

You really need to read the listing before hitting the BIN, too late to complain after you make the purchase.

Sure they might not be the best seller around but you have to accept some of the blame for not reading a confusing listing.

Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

Opinions please

as you have to remember there are so many people out there that neg over minor issues

Yes there are, and I hope you are not going to join them because you failed to read the listing.:-D

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

Opinions please

77redcorvettel82
Community Member

bump

When an item is listed as free international postage and you use the postage calculator and comes up free, seems good enough for me. Their postage and other terms at the bottom of their listing would be a standard template they use for all their listings to save time. I don't see all their other items listed as free international post. And YES they could be sent in a Envelope. A flat rate envelope can be up to 12" high 15" width and 3/4" thick. The items are 14" x 1/2" x 1/2" so total being 14 x 1 x 1/2

Maybe we should all list items with free postage and place a paragraph within the listing saying please contact us for rates. WHAT is the point of offering free postage then!

My next item I purchased from the USA I made sure I confirmed postage price first. Cost them the time to reply back to say yes that's what it states on the listing and me a day lost in time to receive it. So does it make sense to email every seller just to make sure they haven't made a mistake. I don't think so. Why should I accept any blame for THEIR mistake.

Cheers

Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

Opinions please

I am not seeing free international postage but free international flat rate envelope and it states for international buyers to contact the seller for the correct rate.

The listing is confusing (to put it as politely as possible) but you still have to take some responsibility because you didn't read the description that should have had you either contacting the seller or hitting the back button.

BTW would you be happy for that item to be in an envelope with very little or no packing for its trip to Australia?

Just don't be so trusting, read the whole listing.

Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

Opinions please

77redcorvettel82
Community Member

Yes I would , that's how the last set I ordered was packaged, so not a problem as their not made of glass.

Cheers

Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

Opinions please

Hi, I buy from the US a lot (things that simply aren't available in Oz) and this listing is deceptive. Personally, I would never buy from a seller who does not present their listing legitimately. A USPS Medium Flat Rate Envelope costs US$24.95, so logic would leave me questioning the listing, as I would not want to risk issues after payment. The Express version of this envelope costs US$44.95 (which has tracking and $200 cover). The seller would not be making any profit at all if the postage was free. They have a loophole in the listing description to cover themselves, but the listing postage should be adjusted, which I can see it still hasn't been, despite your purchase. Having said that, their postage quote seems high (depending how many you bought). A flat rate envelope would not actually be suitable for this item, unless reinforced with cardboard/bubble wrap. These envelopes go through a lot and I have received ones that look like they have been caught in a sorting machine (and have arrived with the insides pouring out--good US sellers reinforce all edges with clear tape, as these envelopes aren't actually very strong). The cheapest option would be First Class International Mail. They use their own suitable box, and it is usually calculated by weight. Anyway, that's all by-the-by now. If a listing looks like is contains an error, it probably is too good to be true...

Save yourself the trouble next time ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 10 of 35
Latest reply