Order not received and no response from seller

nitzvitz
Community Member

order 324239225779-2331811758011- nila boots not received, ordered during covid, have messaged ebay directly and they say they cannot do anything as over 90 days, well covid happened where is the support in that period

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

For INR cases you need to be very aware of the time limits for disputes, for eBay's MBG 30 days after the final ETA of the item and for Paypal 180 days after the purchase date.

You should still be able to open a Paypal dispute if you paid that way, but if the seller can prove they sent it you may have difficulties.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Is there a tracking number at all?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You need to note padi's reply as even during covid, those are the time frames you have on ebay/paypal.

During the pandemic, people have been ordering online. It is easy to do from home, you can pay automatically, I am not sure what the problem is. All you had to do was wait for the boots to arrive and if that didn't happen byt the estimated due date or very soon after it, you could have opened an ebay claim for item not received. You would then have received a refund.

I know postal services have beena  little slow but all the same, you still need to make a claim within 30 days after the ETA.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@nitzvitz wrote:

order 324239225779-2331811758011- nila boots not received, ordered during covid, have messaged ebay directly and they say they cannot do anything as over 90 days, well covid happened where is the support in that period

You query where was the Ebay support in that period,  but did you do anything to bring it to anyonmes attention.

Did your query the seller?

Did you raise an INR?

Did you just forget about it?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Plenty people have been getting their items just fine, even in this pandemic. Yes, things have taken a little longer, but many sellers have pushed out their dates to account for delays. When I send overseas, my items are still taking just 10 days to 2 weeks on average (least year was up to about 4 weeks).

Is there a tracking number and what does it say?

Where was the item coming from? Domestic or international?

Did the seller have good feedback and did you check it before purchasing?

You have 180 days in Paypal, so you can open a case there. If there is tracking, you can point out that you have waited 3 months and they have not arrived. If there is no tracking, you should be able to just get a refund.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply