Paid $307 for a massage chair which broke after 3 months. Seller offered $50 as compensation. HELP

I purchased a massage chair for $307 and after 3 months it has broken and no longer massages. Seller offered me $50 as compensation. I'm not happy with that offer. Its definitely a no-win for me. I paid by credit card so no hope of help from PayPal. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Paid $307 for a massage chair which broke after 3 months. Seller offered $50 as compensation. HELP

Your only chance would be a credit card chargeback, but it might be too late even for that.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

There are pretty much no warranties on Ebay.

Sellers obligation is only for 30 days after receipt of the item.

High priced items are better off being bought in a physical shop or online by an Australian provider who will provide a proper warranty.

Not everything should be bought on Ebay.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Snap up the $50 compo.  It's better than nothing.

You're too late for an ebay claim, paypal isn't applicable and guarantees on ebay are generally worthless unless they are through an authorised store.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I’m really sorry, but at $307 for a massage chair, you definitely got what you paid for. 

There is a lot to be said for walking into a B & M shop, spending the extra $ and getting quality product with all warranties and guarantees that come with it. 

I agree with Springy….. grab the $50. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

If you have a PayPal account or can create one, it is always a good idea to use PayPal in the future because of longer protection and free returns.

I would still try a cc chargeback. Just go to your bank and explain the situation. Trying costs nothing.

Otherwise I have to agree with what others have said, unfortunately - just take the $50. 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply