Paid for item not received - eBay emailed to say refunded but still waiting after 1 month

I received an email on 9/7 from eBay saying they have refunded my money for item not received see Request opened: (now closed)    on 9 Jul 2021.

I have checked ALL my accounts, I have spoken to PayPal which is how the item was purchased and they could not see the refund either?  STILL WAITING  Please advise Cheers 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Paid for item not received - eBay emailed to say refunded but still waiting after 1 month

Note: you're not contacting eBay by posting on these boards. They are public forums on which any eBay member can post, and the responders are, like you, fellow eBay members who give voluntary helpful advice and information. (The standard of help is usually well above the type of cut-and-paste help provided by eBay customer service.)

If you funded your purchase (through PayPal) by credit/debit card, the refund would have gone to that card or the bank account to which the card applies.

If no refund has been made, and you lodged the dispute on the transaction under eBay's Money Back Guarantee, then you should contact eBay CS through Live Chat. Phone support isn't available (for most buyer situations) and hasn't been since shortly after the pandemic's onset.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

As the Countess said: If you funded your purchase (through PayPal) by credit/debit card, the refund would have gone to that card or the bank account to which the card applies.

That's what I always do (fund my PP purchase by credit/debit card). It might take a couple of days for a refund to go back to your cc, certainly not a month, but I normally get an automatic email from PP immediately when a refund is issued, stating that if a cc was used the refund will go to that card, so the fact that you never got such email (that's why you contacted PP I assume) is a bit worrying and you should indeed contact eBay live chat.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply