Parcel sent by USPS to Estonia instead of Australia

I bought a item, they seller sent it from Chicago, I have been following the tracking, it said the parcel arrived in Australia on 8th Feb. After waiting , I contacted Aust post and they have now got back to me saying, that the parcel was on the manifest for the items to arrive from USA on 8th Feb , but my parcel by mistake of USPS was sent to Estonia, that is why on Aust Post tracking it is not showing as arrived, cause it didnt.

How they know this I dont know, but it has taken them a week and numerous messages to get this information.

I sent a email to the seller, to let them know of this , now what should I do, I am doubting the parcel will find me or even end up back with the seller.

Should I just go to a dispute now, I paid on the 1st Feb or should I wait longer.

Fisrt time this has ever happpened to me

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

it's a hard one, eh?

It's not really the sellers fault, as they have posted the item and have proof of doing so.

I'm not 100% on how PayPal will handle this as US sellers need also to provide proof of delivery, however, as the sale occurred on the au site, it's our rules which apply. so not too sure about that.

Give the dispute a go and see how you fare I guess, but remember this isn't the sellers' fault.

comminicate with the seller, as they may need to initiate an investigation from their end.

Best of luck with it

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

yep , will do. I sent them a email with the message I got from Aus Post and said I will wait a bit longer to see if it does turn up, never know they might end up with it back, but I will go ahead with a claim if not received by day 40.

Is this about right, as you get 45 days to claim?

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

yes, with PayPal, you have 45 days in which to raise a claim.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply