PayPal

mia162
Community Member

I always pay for items using Paypal but somehow the account was detached from my ebay account and now when I try to re-add it, Ebay is saying it no longer offers Paypal as a method of payment. Is this correct ? I can't find any definitive information on this. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal

eBay forecast the removal of Paypal as an option several years ago. Looks like they are now implementing it.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

PayPal

It's still an option for me to use.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

PayPal

Have a look on the forum, there have been many posts regarding eBay 'getting rid' of PayPal for buyers

I don't know if it is going to be every user, or a gradual thing

Or it could have been a 'Friday glitch'

However since you say your PayPal was 'somehow detached' and there is no option to reattach it, it sounds more than likely the 'removing PayPal for buyers' process may have commenced 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

PayPal

If ebay has removed paypal permanently, as they have said in the past was going to happen, they are going to find a lot of buyers who just don't pay, who are caught by surprise. I am sure it will say in the ads what payment methods are available but many buyers will just assume paypal is an option.

It may have been a glitch though, give it a try again today, see if it works.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

PayPal

I have just checked several products in my saved items folder in My ebay. Paypal is still a payment option with all of them.

Double check the ad you bought from. If it lists paypal (which i suspect it should do) then it probably is a glitch.

I don't care if ebay is starting to implement a removal of paypal. If it is listed in an ad you buy from, then it needs to be available to the buyer for that item. Maybe contact chat if paypal is listed as a payment option yet the system continues telling you that you can't use it.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply