‘People who viewed this item also viewed’ items saying have free postage but don’t

You know when you’re looking at items and below you have the ‘People who viewed this item also viewed’ items? I have found that these items below the main item I am looking at list free postage. But when I click on the item it doesn’t have free postage. What is going on here? 

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

‘People who viewed this item also viewed’ items saying have free postage but don’t

It may be an eBay glitch.

There is also a known issue (especially prevalent on the eBay app) where items that are listed as available for pick-up are showing (erroneously) as having free postage.

I have also heard that some listings show in the search results with free postage when they offer Click & Collect - although the seller has included a postage fee for that service. To top it off, apparently some listings have Click & Collect showing when they are displayed in the search results, but the sellers don't offer Click & Collect and their listings do not offer it as an option.

If the listing itself (when you click onto the listing from the search result, etc.) doesn't say free postage, then it's not free postage and the seller did not list it with free postage.

(Of course, there is no such thing as free postage, and I would prefer that eBay use the term "postage included" instead. But that's another soapbox story...)

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply