Pickup item, paid by cash, seller "cancelled" it after 4 days

I bought a pickup item worth $220. I picked it up, paid by cash as requested by seller. I marked it as "payment sent", seller never marked it as "payment received".

Then 4 days later seller "cancelled" the order.

Obviously seller did not want to pay eBay fees, but this will leave me a "Unpaid Item Strike".

What should I do about it? Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

you may want to got to ebay help (top of page)

have the item number handy, cut and paste, then ask the question....if you've received a 'strike', they should remove it, then ping the seller for lost fees

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

was it a new seller - check their feedback?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

was it a new seller - check their feedback?

I think he is a new seller. What I bought belonged to his "moving house / relocation" sale. Feedback is 100% (not many in total).

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

ebay in their wisdon have recently changed procedure for pick-up items. It used to be that sellers marked as payment received, then the buyer could 'close' at their end.

NOW, the buyer has to mark as 'paid' and then the seller is free to end transaction.

If it's a new seller they may have giving up trying to work it out, so cancelled (as was easiest for them).

Did seller cancel order because you didn't pay, or just cancelled?

The ONLY way you would get a 'strike' is if the seller said that you failed to pay...did you get a message from ebay, relating to that?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I did pay and the items (a package of 4) are in my room now. After I marked it as "payment sent", the order had an hour glass icon next to it, indicating it's waiting for seller to confirm. But seller never did.

Now the order is cancelled, msg from eBay "When an item is not paid for within four calendar days, the seller may cancel the order. Regularly missing payments may affect your account. " I regard it as a unpaid item strike.

I sent a msg to seller politely asking him maybe be can uncancel the order, he said he's got no idea what happened and will check.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

have the item number handy, cut and paste, then ask the question....if you've received a 'strike', they should remove it, then ping the seller for lost fees

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

I did the chat session with eBay's agent. They helped me exactly as you said.

They will remove the unpaid item strike to me (I did get one) and they will also warn seller about fee avoidance.

Thanks a lot.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

You're welcome 🙂

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply