Pictures on Listings What do you Perfer?

Just Intresting Question in the age of Perfect Stock pitcures

Dou You As a Buyer like see a

Perfect Stock Picture or A Imperfect one that been taken by seller that has bit of background boarder???

Just ask as I as a buyer feel a Imperfect Pitcure tells me the item 1.Exists  2.Good chance is in hands of the Seller and less likely be fake listing.

What do you buyers like/??

D'oh
Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I prefer to see  what I am going to be buying.. the better the photo the better, but some people are good at taking photos and others not so good.

We do have to make allowances IMO

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I prefer a stock photo as photo in listing and then some really good quality photos of actual item. Good close ups from all angles  and good lighting is vital.  Instant recognition is good for impatient browsers like me.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I prefer a stock photo as photo in listing and then some really good quality photos of actual item. Good close ups from all angles  and good lighting is vital.  Instant recognition is good for impatient browsers like me.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Sellers should only display original photo's - especially for secondhand items. I've always displayed them without one complaint or problem.

TCT
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

I like to see what it is i am purchasing - so original only.

Stock photos annoy me, as to me they just represent laziness in the seller, plus often stock photos aren't identical to what you are receiving. IMO

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I scan mine.

A lot of booksellers seem to use stock pics, then put a disclaimer re condition, edition, binding in the listing.

Blame eBay. They obviously did it so the mega dropshippers could list without doing any work.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Well, probably the best bargain I ever got on eBay was something NWT (authentic) and 1/20 of the original price. The picture however was probably the worst. I am still happy with my purchase! 🙂

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Hi i would prefer the imperfect one. That being the actual photo of the item i would be purchasing.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

If its a cosmetic or a brand new item in original packaging I prefer a stock photo,  original photos of these sort of item freak me out and make me think someone is touching them at home in unhygienic situations and even though thats the truth I dont think customers like to think about that.   So its a mind game really like everything else in selling.

If its a second hand item it should be an original picture.    It erks me when i go on gumtree or such and people have put stock items up of their 5 year old  items,    I would appreciate an iphone picture or something much more that shows me the condition which is the whole point of selling secondhand.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply