Please allow delayed payment when bidding on another item from seller

This issue comes up a lot. I want to purchase multiple auction items from a seller, with auctions ending about a week apart. When I win the first one, the I communicate with the seller to ensure payment at the end and combined shipping is fine, but the eBay automatic systems come in an cancel the first item after a couple days. Can you add in an automatic feature to not cancel a purchase while I am a current bidder on an active item from that seller. It could be automatic, and extra check in the automated processes before doing the automatic cancel. 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks. Sorry I missed this reply initially. I am in the wrong spot/misunderstood the forum. Thanks for the info.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

This is a member to member forum, people here cannot add such a feature 

The seller may be unaware of the 'new' eBay system which automatically cancels unpaid items after a few days

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I regularly sell my auctions over a fortnight....I do not have "Immediate Payment" or automatic cancellation for non-payers, set up. The seller will have to change their settings to accommodate buyers like you.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

It's not immediate payment, but pay within 4 days. Many sellers have it, and wouldn't want to get rid of it (it does serve a purpose) the issue is that it should only be bypassed when bidding on another item. So for many sales the setting should stay. I don't think so many sellers should have to adjust their settings just to accommodate me, but similarly buying multiple items is not uncommon. Combined shipping is an option. And the code would be quite simple: check the active bidding list of buyer for other items from that seller before enacting the automatic cancellation. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Yes, as twyngwyn said, it depends on the seller's settings. Ebay does not automatically cancel orders after 4 days:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/payment-policies/unpaid-item-policy?id=4271

Sellers may cancel orders after 4 days, but don't have to. 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Yes, I understand that it depends on the seller's settings. I'm not asking to solve one specific issue with one seller. I'm saying this is a conversation I have frequently, with different sellers, and based on how often it comes up for me with different people, I think a useful feature eBay could add is a "don't auto-cancel unpaid items when the buyer is currently bidding on another of my listed items" button. I'm not asking to resolve a specific issue, I'm requesting a feature to be added. 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

You are not requesting the function to be added.

You are talking to other members who have as little power as you to change things.

As you were advised, eBay neither read nor respond to board posts.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks! I missed that message, I see it now. I am in the wrong spot for feedback.

Cheers

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks. Sorry I missed this reply initially. I am in the wrong spot/misunderstood the forum. Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply