Possible scam

brucec9168
Community Member

New message from:

"Dear customers,
Thank you for choosing our product. I regret to tell you that we received the feedback from courier that the packaging was accidentally damaged while preparing for shipment .
We have contacted the warehouse to reship, But unfortunately, the new batch of goods is still on the way, we can't replenish it in time.
Can you accept cancellations and refunds in order not to affect your buying experience?
We are looking forward to hear back from you within 24 hours,I hope you can understand.
Looking forward to your early reply.
your sincerely"

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Possible scam

Not sure what your question for other members is, or how it is a technical issue

But if you have not bought anything from this seller, obviously it is a phishing scam either by them, or someone who has hijacked an account of a seller

Ignore and block without clicking on any links nor replying to them

Was this an eBay message, email or text message?

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Possible scam

It is sounding as if you did buy something from this seller.

It is also clear that they don't have the stock of whatever it is you bought.

Therefore, the sooner you get a refund, the better.

If I were you, I would probably message back that if they are out of stock, then you would expect an immediate refund.

Because they are offering to refund you, I don't believe it is a scam in the sense you mean.

If you were not to receive the refund quickly or if the item didn't arrive by the estimated arrival date (which the seller has admitted is the case) then you would need to open a claim directly with ebay, immediately, for a refund.

What is happening here is that the seller has sold something he doesn't have, something that is out of stock.

Cancellations aren't all that rare, they happen. Sometimes it is because of being out of stock, in which case I think the seller's account can be affected. But sometimes cancellations are because a buyer requested it, in which case the seller's account is not affected because it is not the seller's fault.

That is what I think the seller is angling for.

He wants you to reply that you want to cancel so he can mark it as a buyer request.

I do believe all the talk about the item being accidentally damaged is quite possibly rubbish and they are just out of stock at the moment. But regardless, you may as well accept the refund asap so you can look elsewhere for you item.

Just make sure you check your account and that the refund really is forthcoming quickly.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply