Postage from the US

I have at a number of times  decided not to buy items from the US (being mainly LEGO) as the postage is so exspensive, when asked the reason, it was because Ebay was charging the postage. If I buy from Europe or the UK my postage on these items are no more then AUS$6.00.

I often post to the US and for a small envelope size pay not more then $6.00  

Can anyone explain to me the reasons why??? as none of it makes sense.  

Kindest regards,

Inge van der Zon

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Postage from the US

Global Shipping Program.

There a many threads about this.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Postage from the US

But why do you think that they are doing that? It seems that they are adding customs charges of which there aren't any. I really do not understand it. 

Some other people have said it is for paperwork, but what paperwork? Filling in a three second customs form?

I really don't get what the purpose of it is, or the reason for it.

I do know that lots of American sellers have been convinced that the 'furriners' will cheat them if they don't use it.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Postage from the US

I don't know how true that last statement was - but I do know from reading the US Community Boards that a lot of American Sellers are unaware that they have been 'opted in' to offer Global Shipping.

it seems a lot of them only find out about it when an overseas buyer queries the cost of postage.

They then have to 'opt out' which apparently ebay have made quite difficult to find.

It is always worth contacting the Seller to see if they will post the 'normal' way through USPS. Most of them are quite happy to.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply