Postage time from USA to Australia

I find it crazy that a parcel posted on the 12th of October from the USA still has not arrived yet. 

According to to the tracking info it left the USA on the 16th and got to Australia on the 21st. Took until the 27th to clear customs (really?) and then until the 6th of November to arrive at the carrier facility (I assume they mean it got handed off to the post office). 

Has something changed? Last time it was about 8 days to Australia. UK is 10 days. Since when does it take a week to clear customs. It's a car stereo. 

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If the seller used the GSP then it is not at all unusual.  It is an expensive, slow and cumbersome service.

A week to clear Customs is also not unusual, especially where Pitney Bowes is concerned.  A car stereo may be too large to be handed to the PO....it may well come by courier.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

I have many parcels come from the US, like you they get to australia quickly then they can sit in sydney customs for a week sometimes 10 days. So unfortunately not unusual, oh and mine come priority with USPS.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

I had one arrive in Perth today 9th november (large parcel) sent from Portland Oregon on 29th october. That's a bit quicker than normal though, I'd usually expect 2-3 weeks minimum.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

I have one item which was posted from the UK on Oct 27th which isn't here yet. Being used to a US-timetable I don't know if I should be concerned or not.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

No cause for concern yet hus, I've found UK to Oz is often around that 2-3 week mark the same as US times, which will only extend as we get closer to Xmas.................

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

No just regular us postage. I have never and will never use GSP. 

Last time I ordered something from the USA earlier this year it was only about 10-12 days. 

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:

No just regular us postage. I have never and will never use GSP. 

Last time I ordered something from the USA earlier this year it was only about 10-12 days. 

A lot depends on where it is coming from in the USA....some areas are notoriously slow.  I have always allowed up to 3 weeks before even starting to look for anything.

After 40 odd years of dealing with US and Canadian mail it is just not that big a deal to me.

It is the GSP that gets to me....it is ridiculously slow and expensive....only used it twice and neither transaction was a particularly pleasant experience.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

A lot depends on where it is coming from in the USA....some areas are notoriously slow.  I have always allowed up to 3 weeks before even starting to look for anything.

After 40 odd years of dealing with US and Canadian mail it is just not that big a deal to me.

It is the GSP that gets to me....it is ridiculously slow and expensive....only used it twice and neither transaction was a particularly pleasant experience.

Hahahaha, do they have a Chullora as well lyndal ??????   Or maybe a few of them......................

Wonder where AP got their technology from for their wonderful Hubs ????

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Dunno about Chullora Padi, but anything that goes through the Chicago International Mail Centre is very lucky to see the light of day again....it is the proverbial black hole of the US postal service.  A lot of Australian mail is channelled through there too.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply