Purchased fake item - Seller gave a fake USPS tracking number

clwo-8643
Community Member

Hi all, 

Recently I purchased a branded bag which then turned out to be fake. There are multiple evidences to prove that the bag is fake, including multiple flaws and that the bag has no serial number in it which is a major red flag. To make matters worse, I found out that the seller gave me a fake USPS tracking number which is untraceable (turns out that it is shipped from China instead of US). When I lodged for a return, the seller offered to refund me partially ($200 then $400) but I bought the item for $720 hence I declined the offer and demanded them to refund me the full amount. 

Besides, I have also noticed that shortly after I purchased the bag, the seller relisted the same item multiple times for people to bid on it. The seller is also no longer a registered user. 

So my question is - what can I do to get a full refund from the seller? Is there any way to reach out to eBay? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You don't need to "demand/negotiate" anything from the seller.

Just because a seller is no longer registered, I don't think it means a case can't be opened as shops have to remain liable for cases for around 6 months.

Open a case for "Item Not as Described".

As the seller is in China, they will have to refund you as they cannot issue you with a postage label.

A minimum of due diligence is required from a buyer. Always check where a seller is REGISTERED, not where the item is located. Did you not look at the sellers feedback before purchasing? Were there any red flags?

If you cannot open a case in Ebay, then do so in Paypal as you have 180 days. However, do not do both - first Ebay, then Paypal if necessary.

Failing both of those, contact your credit card provider if that was how you /sourced funded the payment.

Lastly, please read the guidebook on how Ebay works as it will save you a lot of grief just knowing the basics.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

You don't need to "demand/negotiate" anything from the seller.

Just because a seller is no longer registered, I don't think it means a case can't be opened as shops have to remain liable for cases for around 6 months.

Open a case for "Item Not as Described".

As the seller is in China, they will have to refund you as they cannot issue you with a postage label.

A minimum of due diligence is required from a buyer. Always check where a seller is REGISTERED, not where the item is located. Did you not look at the sellers feedback before purchasing? Were there any red flags?

If you cannot open a case in Ebay, then do so in Paypal as you have 180 days. However, do not do both - first Ebay, then Paypal if necessary.

Failing both of those, contact your credit card provider if that was how you /sourced funded the payment.

Lastly, please read the guidebook on how Ebay works as it will save you a lot of grief just knowing the basics.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply