Puzzled with winning bidder's bids

asimau
Community Member

Hi eBay helpers,

can someone who knows please check the final bidder on this item, it just seems odd that the bidder/winner has 100% activity with this seller.

Item # 254265510686

30-Day Summary Total bids:  173 Items bid on:  27 Bid activity (%) with this seller:  100%  Help Bid retractions:  0 Bid retractions (6 months):  0

I just can't make sense of it and am concerned that  a***w (0 ) is putting in bids to increase the price but as I don't know much about checking the winning bidder I may well be barking up  the wrong tree

Thank you

A 🙂

edited to add that the seller has now emailed me with a second-chance offer hummm

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

good lord......bogus in my opinion

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Looks like the seller has a friend that has set up an account to increase prices. Shill bidding.

100% bidding with that seller on many different types of items.

Report a couple of the listings for shilling. There is a link in each listing.

Select listing practises - fraudulent listing activities - seller is using other account to inflate price.

image host
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

And I certainly wouldn't be accepting the offer, no matter how much I wanted it.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you Helpers for the confirmation that I wasn't imagining things, and yes Curraone, as much as I would like that bag I shall not buy it! Just as an aside; I would have thought that eBay would have a program to alert them on the amount of second chance offers from a seller.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Second chance offers are not necessarily an indicator of wrong doing on a seller's part.

If a seller has multiples of an item they are quite at liberty to send out SCOs to as many bidders as they want to.  It is certainly a cost effective way to sell multiple items as thy only pay the FVFs on those that sell.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply