Question about "no international shipping"

bzz720
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I want to bid on an item located in the USA that specifies "no international shipping." I live in Australia and my eBay account and connected PayPal account are both Australian.

However, I am from the USA and have the ability to pay the person with a US funding source and have it shipped to a US address.

Will my bid be automatically rejected just by virtue of mine being an Australian account?

How can I ensure I am able to bid? I've contacted the seller, and she's not aware of any blockage limitations. I don't want to ask her to adjust her settings, otherwise, she just might get annoyed.

I thought of having my brother in the states buy the item for me, but I really want to win it, and  I don't want to leave it up to someone else.

Any suggestions that doesn't leave it up to chance as to whether my bid gets blocked?

Thanks so much!

Brad

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Message the Seller and tell him what you have mentioned here and see what they say. 🙂  I can't see any reason why not ? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Sellers can opt to block buyers with a primary postal address in locations they don't post to. If the seller has that block in place then you can change it to your US address prior to making a bid.

In your My eBay under the Account tab click on Addresses > Primary Postage Address.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Easily sorted. Go to your account tab, under delivery addresses add the US address, select it as primary. Go to the item you are interested in and bid or buy, the address in checkout should show as the US one, if it doesn't then change it before going to pay. Once you have paid don't forget to go back and change your primary delivery address to the one in Australia.

See what a trendsetter I am?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Message the Seller and tell him what you have mentioned here and see what they say. 🙂  I can't see any reason why not ? 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Sellers can opt to block buyers with a primary postal address in locations they don't post to. If the seller has that block in place then you can change it to your US address prior to making a bid.

In your My eBay under the Account tab click on Addresses > Primary Postage Address.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Easily sorted. Go to your account tab, under delivery addresses add the US address, select it as primary. Go to the item you are interested in and bid or buy, the address in checkout should show as the US one, if it doesn't then change it before going to pay. Once you have paid don't forget to go back and change your primary delivery address to the one in Australia.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply