Questioning activity in my PayPal account to Pitney Bowes via UK purchases?

bella1914
Community Member

Recently noticed Pay Pal activity to Pitney Bowes for items purchased from UK sellers. Been with ebay for many years and never struck this before.  Read on one of the community boards that peole had this via U.S.. sellers but none from UK.  Can anyone please help.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@bella1914wrote:

Recently noticed Pay Pal activity to Pitney Bowes for items purchased from UK sellers. Been with ebay for many years and never struck this before.  Read on one of the community boards that peole had this via U.S.. sellers but none from UK.  Can anyone please help.

Hi bella114, Thanks for your post. Hey,  if you're looking to avoid the many known hassles associated with Pitney Bowes and the Global Shipping program, just ask the sellers if they could please change the shipping to the normal USPS (First Class Int.) postage for the US  and for the UK, the equivalent. I have about 80 plus % success here. Many sellers have no idea that they have their postage moved into GSP for overseas.

Strangely enough, one seller I dealt with had been on eBay for years and sold stuff overseas in the past. He had no idea what the heck GSP or Pitney Bowes was. And some of his artricles on auction / sale etc had shipping via GSP while others didn't.

He was one of these sellers ....  "I'll work out the postage later and also I do combine"

Anyway it was too much for him to work out what was going on. So I had to buy another desired item ((Not listed with GSP)) off him while the other one I wanted ((LIsted with GSP)) was snapped up buy another buyer.

Good luck

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The Global Shipping Program is available to UK sellers as well as US ones. When the GSP is used, you are debited for 2 payments - one to the seller and the other to PB.

Did the items show as coming via the GSP when you bought? I suspect 'yes'.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@bella1914wrote:

Hi bella114, Thanks for your post. Hey,  if you're looking to avoid the many known hassles associated with Pitney Bowes and the Global Shipping program, just ask the sellers if they could please change the shipping to the normal USPS (First Class Int.) postage for the US  and for the UK, the equivalent. I have about 80 plus % success here. Many sellers have no idea that they have their postage moved into GSP for overseas.

Strangely enough, one seller I dealt with had been on eBay for years and sold stuff overseas in the past. He had no idea what the heck GSP or Pitney Bowes was. And some of his artricles on auction / sale etc had shipping via GSP while others didn't.

He was one of these sellers ....  "I'll work out the postage later and also I do combine"

Anyway it was too much for him to work out what was going on. So I had to buy another desired item ((Not listed with GSP)) off him while the other one I wanted ((LIsted with GSP)) was snapped up buy another buyer.

Good luck

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply