Refund issued to Paypal account that is not active

Hi, just after some advice.

I made a purchase and discovered when I went to use the item that there was a fault.  This was discovered outside the 30 day MBG. The seller has offered a 50% refund which I have accepted.  However the seller refunded the money to Paypal (which was not the payment method I used) using my ebay email but I don't have a Paypal account with that email.

I emailed the seller to ask if they could cancel the refund and issue to the correct Paypal email but they have said they cannot cancel the refund.

Where do I go from here?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Usually, if someone sends money via PP and the email address they sent the money to is not associated with a PP account, you receive an email from PP inviting you to create a PP account, and if you don't the sender gets his or her money back after a month I think, so they should be able to send it again.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

By the way, it is a bit strange that they didn't send the refund to the original PP account you used. I am not a seller, but I have heard sellers say they can't see buyers' eBay email addresses or phone numbers, as eBay wants sellers and buyers to communicate on eBay.

Did you receive emails from PP inviting you to create an account with the email address the seller allegedly sent the money to? Because if you didn't the seller might never have sent the money to that email address.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply