Refusing an unfair refund

A buyer has opened a case asking for a refund/ return as Australia Post took longer than the suggested time to deliver. I posted 24hours after purchase and left tracking information.

Ive spoken to the post office who said it’s an estimate and not set in stone, so they won’t cover it as they would a lost or broken item. eBay have requested that I refund the full amount as the buyer is not happy. How is this fair in any way, the post office won’t take accountability, the buyer perhaps should have asked for express post if they wanted it in a certain time frame. The only person being penalised is me, who upheld my part of the transaction perfectly, yet will be out of pocket $48. Can anyone out there shed some sense on this madness 🙌🏻

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Have you also uploaded the tracking information to the actual case itself, showing you posted within your handling time?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Does the tracking show it as being delivered yet ?  If not and you have a "my post" account get it redirected back to you and then you can refund the buyer maybe.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If the item has actually been delivered (late), the buyer could have refused its if they needed it urgently.

If it is till in transit and past the estimated delivery date, with the eBay money back guarantee I guess the buyer has the right to open a case, even if it is definitely not your fault...  You know how eBay trackings say to be patient because of COVID etc., but it is up to the buyer to be patient/ cooperative or not. I think eBay has recently also extended normal delivery frames?

If eBay has sided with the buyer because of their money back guarantee, you should keep an eye on the tracking and tell the buyer not to accept the item when it arrives because after a refund it is your property again (or do what padi suggested if you have a MyPost account).

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply