Report seller to cyber.gov.au

Has anyone had any experience reporting a seller for online fraud ?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

What happened?

Without any actual information, nobody can really help.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Is it in regards of the seller you left the neg for ?

If so, why aren't you using eBay's MBG to sort the problem out.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Is it about the delivery issue? If the seller deliberately (or even not deliberately) sent it to another address near yours, the normal way would be to contact AusPost (or any other courier) for more information. In most cases, they remember or have more details about delivery in their system. Then you can open a case for INR and add the information provided by the courier.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Not to cyber gov

Must be something jolly HUGE to have the need to resort to that

Surely not the 'non delivery' neg you left ... I doubt the cyber police would appreciate such a waste of their time when you have disputes for that purpose 

Ordinary 'scams' or wrong doing by seller would mean using the tools eBay give you

aka opening a dispute

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Is it in regards of the seller you left the neg for ?

If so, why aren't you using eBay's MBG to sort the problem out.

That seller is dodgy as! I wouldn't have bought from them in a pink fit. Sadly, the OP probably won't come back to read the replies, especially about opening a dispute.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

@davidj8616 wrote:

Has anyone had any experience reporting a seller for online fraud ?

Seriously, you want to make an official report of online fraud over $17.95? 

I am truly lost for wordsโ€ฆ.. 

Go to the Post Office and ask them about your missing long nose pliers.

Oh, but by all meansโ€ฆโ€ฆ annoy the cyber fraud service of this terrible event that has grieved you! 

*shakes head* ๐Ÿ˜‘ (what next? โ€ฆ. These buyers are coming here with ridiculous complaints) 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

$40 sale. Sold same item 3 times b4 no contact then relisted. Just annoys me that fraudulent sellers get away with letting it slip through to EBAY resolution. Like its a joke. (Happened 100 times b4) People should be made to know taking other peoples money online has consequences no matter the monetary value. Happy to do the $40 and happy to go through the process even if it involves court. Its just the vibe of the thing.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Not that transaction I did my $ on that one. No item ,no refund asked for through EBAY so feedback stands. Picture of delivery not my house . Seller is a Flog.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@davidj8616 wrote:

$40 sale. Sold same item 3 times b4 no contact then relisted. Just annoys me that fraudulent sellers get away with letting it slip through to EBAY resolution. Like its a joke. (Happened 100 times b4) People should be made to know taking other peoples money online has consequences no matter the monetary value. Happy to do the $40 and happy to go through the process even if it involves court. Its just the vibe of the thing.

if you are intent on pushing this there will be solicitors lining up to take your money, all while knowing full well this will never reach court, all while charging you per hour, per page photocopied, per minute for each phone call.

Wake up!

Be annoyed, but most of all be sensible.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply